AHRE Sale

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
K, of the scent families you have mentioned I only really buy the autumn/woodsy ones, I have AHRE's Fallen Leaves but haven't soaped it yet. OOB it is v. nice. Also well recommended on the SSRB w/r/t sticking, A/R, etc (I would join SSRB if you are going to start buying/testing FO/s) ...
I wish I could Join SSRB. sadly I don't have the kind of email account that the admin to the site is asking for.

Are you sure? I don't have any paid ones, but my cable account includes a free email account, that works. I have never checked it or used it for anything else, just to sign up for SSRB. I know people find it a pain, but I think Lilli uses it to screen for spam b/c she is one woman show and doesn't have time to check for spam every day.

Perhaps they have it as "temporarily out of stock" until the sale goes live?

That's pretty much what they said on their FB page. They didn't want to be inundated all at once with pre-filled out sampler pack orders and they wanted everyone to start out with the same chance to get the fragrances they wanted. So, we will be able to fill out the sample packs starting at 3 PM EST tomorrow.

I want so bad to be able to take advantage of this sale but not sure it's in the budget :(

You know Gigi, it is fun to check out a bunch of FOs, but mostly you end up with a few favorites that you use over and over again, and often they are the ones that people mention here. Once you know the kinds of fragrance families you like, people will be able to tell you the best in class on those. I wish I had been more discriminating about buying FOs when I started, I spent way too much money on them, and I bet you will get similar results just from asking here.

You know Gigi, it is fun to check out a bunch of FOs, but mostly you end up with a few favorites that you use over and over again, and often they are the ones that people mention here. Once you know the kinds of fragrance families you like, people will be able to tell you the best in class on those. I wish I had been more discriminating about buying FOs when I started, I spent way too much money on them, and I bet you will get similar results just from asking here.

Ally - I agree, and it's why I'm not going to take the budget hit in order to take advantage of the sale. I'm not ready to mess with all those scents yet any way, and I do have some here already. I know my favorite scent family is fruits, followed closely by spices, with floral coming in tight in third place. I've never been a fan of perfumy scents, and I'd like very much to make the scents have either a direct or close to direct correlation to the additives (natural colorants, etc). But all that is down the road a ways yet, so it's moot, and why I decided not to spend money I can't afford to busy the FOs... I hate missing out on the sampler pack sale cuz it's soooooo cheap, but oh well.

I'm with not_ally...I've got a lot of fragrance oils that may or may not be to anyone's liking in the long run.I'll be relying on the people involved in this forum for their feedback in the coming months on the review board(s).
With that said, I'm hoping by then I'll be able to access the other review board, perhaps the whole thing of what your e mail address is can be solved for aol relics like myself.The same goes for me concerning the soap dish forum. I've tried registering for that site repeatedly to no avail.
But I will say the amount of information I've gleaned from this forum is over the top!Thank you all for your sharing!

Gigi, afraid I can't give you too much advice on those scent groups since I tend to focus on others. But for the future I have heard that folks that like florals think Peak makes good ones, and w/r/t fruits I can attest to the fact that their Black Raspberry Vanilla (BRV in soapy parlance, it is a staple for most sellers) is really, really good, a best in class type. If I am remembering correctly they have a good sampler option, as well, so it is easier/cheaper to check them out that suppliers that don't.

Last edited:
Had two sets of 20 done and then hit the shipping page.. yeah I think I have enough already. lol Oh well. Have fun the rest of you!

Do they do this every year? I've got one set of 20 in there and the shipping is nearly as much. It's not cost-effective for me to do this right now. However, if they do this every year, I'll know that I need to make sure I've got cash to spend the next time around.

Ugh done, that was kind of a PITA w/the sampler thingie. Ended up only getting one sampler set but replaced a couple w/ big bottles of others that I was pretty sure I wanted based on reviews, so had some spares on the sampler choices. Who could resist Essence of Jesus?

Do they do this every year? I've got one set of 20 in there and the shipping is nearly as much. It's not cost-effective for me to do this right now. However, if they do this every year, I'll know that I need to make sure I've got cash to spend the next time around.

I had one set up myself. However, for the cost when shipping was included, I'm better off trying a smaller amount of 3 oz or 4 oz bottles from the midwest or east coast suppliers. Plus, ordering the new cutter put a serious dent in my "soaping budget"; as I thought it would. The only thing that bothers me about not participating in this sale this year is that I've now got an obsession with finding someone who has an Issey Miyake scent. lol

Edit: The "Fragrance Oil Finder" is my friend. Mike's has an Issey type and reasonable flat rate shipping. I've been wanting to try some of Mike's fragrances anyway. Off to the review spreadsheet I go.

Last edited:
Back