"Winter is coming"...question about whipped body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we do have a favorite grocery store that sells in bulk - People's Food Co-op in La Crosse, Wisconsin. I'll look for arrowroot powder and tapioca flour there next time I get to the city. Thanks for the tip, Obsidian!

If you come to La Crosse, PLEASE let me know. That's where I live!!!!!

Yes, we do have a favorite grocery store that sells in bulk - People's Food Co-op in La Crosse, Wisconsin. I'll look for arrowroot powder and tapioca flour there next time I get to the city. Thanks for the tip, Obsidian!

How much cornstarch or tapioca flour do you use?? My recipe I used was 1/2cup shea butter, 1/4cup coconut oil and 1/4cup avocado oil.
It wasn't too terrible greasy, but I would like to make it slightly less greasy.
And if the answer is 1%, please give me the exact cooking measurement.. 1 tsp? 1/8 tsp? 1 Tbl?
Thank you.

You can weigh out your cuppy volumes to get the grams in total and add 1% based on that.

Even B&B should be weight. When I find recipes in volume I convert it and carry onwards in weight. Makes everything (such as 1% cornflour) much easier

I don't make my body butters but measure I do it by weight. It's the best way to do it for accuracy. For your purpose I would start with a small amout and test it out to see if you need more.

Latest posts

Back