Anyone here from Missouri?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MzMolly65

Reaction score
We're contemplating a move and are wondering what Missouri is like. What we're seeing on the internet is houses we can afford and property taxes that are cheaper than what we're currently paying but we'd like to know if there are jobs to be had or what the average weather is like .. and are people friendly and stuff like that???

I'm from Missouri. What part are you looking to move to? The job situation is pretty much like everywhere else. The weather is very changing. Summers get hot, like in the 90s, and winters get cold, down to 0, and all temperatures in between. They say if you don't like the weather one day, stick around, it will be different the next. People are pretty friendly.

Hi, I'm from Missouri...always looking for other soapers in the area. I am in the St. Louis area, and it is really a great place to live. All four seasons, and lots of things to do around town...from great baseball (today was the Cardinals home opener...woo hoo!), an awesome free zoo, lots of local history, things to do, etc. Yes, I know, I'm partial because I was born and raised here, but I just read an article a couple weeks ago about St. Louis being one of the country's hidden gems. As far as home prices and jobs, there is a wide range of options, probably like most places. Happy to answer any questions you might have...good luck!

I live in NW, MO. Property and personal tax rates vary from county to county and from area to area. If you live in a county connected to a big city be prepared for heavy tax rates. Missouri can be hot and humid in the summer and cold during the winter. We do have four seasons, unlike some parts of the country that are warm all year round or cold for 6 months of the year. For the most part people are friendly and down-to-earth. We country folk do resent urbanization of our farm land. Every time I take a trip away, I am always glad to get back to MO. Our daughter, who used to live in California, would always say Missouri is so green. Last year was a dry year, so the green didn't last. Missourians tend to be independent and don't like being told what to do, especially by the government. We don't mind putting the pressure on our state lawmakers either. I think most of us have given up on those that go to D.C. At least one of them is a pseudo resident anyway.

Well .. after reviewing all the weather charts hubby decided Missouri is not the place .. pft! He can't stand the cold and you're 10 degrees colder in the winter than we are here.

Back