Mica prices in the great white north.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momma_mayham

Reaction score
So I know I'm more of a lurker/stalker on these forums, but now I have a question of sorts :) I've been soaping for about a year now (started as X-mas gifts and addicted ever since), have a good few handfuls of soaping under my belt. Now I'm sure you all don't want my life story so I'll get straight to the question!

Where do you guys get your mica/oxide colorants from? I'm up in Canada and I do all my ordering from New directions and Saffire blue. I just find for the amount of micas and oxides I use, it's getting kinda pricy. I will keep paying their prices if I have to, I've never had an issue with any of them. I was just curious is all :)

And on a side note... Thank you all for the advice I've been reading over the past year. You guys really know your s#!+. Your knowledge is invaluable! I don't think you guys get enough recognition for the hard work you all put in!

I'm from Canada as well, and I've purchased a few micas and oxides from voyageur soap. I haven't bought any mica as of recently, so I can't recall whether or not their micas are expensive.

Back