Bottles! I need certain 30 ml bottles...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theviewer1985

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am hoping somebody can help me. I am using standard round, 30 ml bottles to send my oils about. But they are just a couple of millimeters to thick to qualify for 94pence postage. They are being sent at £3.20 which is very annoying.

This started my quest to find flatter bottles. maybe rectangular or something.

I cannot find them ANYWHERE! They are all circular. The thickest size I am allowed is 25mm to keep within 94p postage. I am beginning to accept that these just don't exist.

Second to that, the other thing I want is a Aluminium lid that fits on a 30ml bottle that of course has a dropper inside. My current supplier says their aluminium lids won't fit over one of their droppers, so not sure if thats a common issue or not.

In theory, this is the PERFECT bottle for what I want: http://www.beardbrand.com/collections/beard-oil/products/tree-ranger-beard-oil

Thanks!

Hi, I use several diff bottle suppliers. Although I don't use these bottles, I have a good working relationship with the suppliers. I will check with them on the weight of their empty capped bottles.
FIRST, can you give me the gram weight of an empty bottle. That way, we won't waste any of their time. Can you also tell me what style of dropper you have? the E.O. type maybe? there are a few diff styles of dropper inserts.

Hi, I use several diff bottle suppliers. Although I don't use these bottles, I have a good working relationship with the suppliers. I will check with them on the weight of their empty capped bottles.
FIRST, can you give me the gram weight of an empty bottle. That way, we won't waste any of their time. Can you also tell me what style of dropper you have? the E.O. type maybe? there are a few diff styles of dropper inserts.

Sorry, I only just got an email alert regarding your reply!

Can I ask why the gram weight is important? Normally when I speak to suppliers, i just ask for 30 ml bottles and weight never comes into it?

Part of me is thinking you may have mis-read my initial post and thought that the post office here is charging me extra based on weight? But actually it is purely based on the thickness of the bottle. We get charged dependant on size, not weight (within reason)

So what I am after is a thinner bottle, that is still 30ml. No thicker than 25mm.

However I have done SO MUCH research since this post and I think they simply don't exist. So I am prepared to accept the fact that I will always have to pay £3.20 now per post, but would very much like to find a nice 30 ml bottle with aluminium cap and dropper underneath, purely for aesthetics! :-D

Dropper wise, I like the euro dropper (or orifice reducer) I am in the middle of trying out the thicker holed euro dropper to see if I prefer that.

But I definitely don't want the typical dropper with rubber nipple squeezer thing on top

Thanks so much for your reply

Back