Jailed for homemade soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a guy who worked undercover drug enforcement for many years. He told me that selling fake drugs carries the same penalties as selling real drugs. For example, he once paid $800 for some "crack" that turned out to be chunks of parrafin. But that guy still went to jail as if he had been selling actual crack.

They admitted to smoking pot, had pot in the car, and consented to a search.

Granted there's a learning experience here for the police (to look at what they hell their field tests are actually doing) but come on ...

Why would you transport a kilo brick of soap wrapped in plastic and red tape across state lines in a Mercedes while smoking pot? This is something your mother would smack you in the head for doing - for good reason.

Police force seizure of money and goods it becoming an increasing problem in the states. John Oliver recently did a segment on this. Here's a Washington Post article over it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/10/11/cash-seizures-fuel-police-spending/

Your property is considered guilty until proven otherwise.

"Of the nearly $2.5 billion in spending reported in the forms, 81 percent came from cash and property seizures in which no indictment was filed, according to an analysis by The Post. Owners must prove that their money or property was acquired legally in order to get it back."

Police force seizure of money and goods it becoming an increasing problem in the states. John Oliver recently did a segment on this. Here's a Washington Post article over it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/10/11/cash-seizures-fuel-police-spending/

Your property is considered guilty until proven otherwise.

"Of the nearly $2.5 billion in spending reported in the forms, 81 percent came from cash and property seizures in which no indictment was filed, according to an analysis by The Post. Owners must prove that their money or property was acquired legally in order to get it back."

Old English law - happened during the witch trials too. Soon as you were carted off to jail (before your trial, but after your "indictment"), they went in and took your stuff. Seems like we're skipping the indictment part altogether now.

But, yeah. Don't smoke pot and drive, dumbass.

I am also a potter. When I was taking glaze making classes and driving across Las Vegas with a triple beam balance and a cardboard box full of brown paper bags full of interesting chemicals (mostly white powders, although some were red, yellow or blue) I made sure to drive the speed limit. Oh yeah, and not to smoke pot with the window open too. I can explain barium chloride yadda yadda but the ganga, um, no.

I do not think it's the lady's fault at all. She gave permission because she believed herself innocent. I don't care how she packaged her soap

I do not think it's the lady's fault at all. She gave permission because she believed herself innocent. I don't care how she packaged her soap
It's not whether the lady was "at fault" or not, it's a question of common sense. My dad used to say dead right is still dead. Common sense goes much further than righteous indignance. If she believed herself to be right it further proves she had questionable common sense. I'd bet a paycheck she didn't think the was right though, she probably thought her hiding place for her pot was more clever than the cop who finds things like that for a living.

And I guess you missed the part where she was driving under the influence. Whether you think a little pot is bad while driving or not, it's still against the law.

Latest posts

Back