Beautiful Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they have great label appeal. Nice graphics, great theme coordination, and a little spendy but not too bad ($7.33 per bar). What didn't you like about them?

Thats really spendy for M&P.
We don't know it's M&P, only that it's translucent. Unless you saw an ingredient list (I didn't see one) we should give them the benefit of the doubt, and be happy that the market demands so many choices. Just IMHO of course, worth what you paid for it. :) I point that out only because there is an aesthetic there some people like, and my experiments tell me it's not all that tough to make such a bar of soap.

I think the smell of Cascades hops in a soap might be real nice. Of course I can't drink such a beer anymore because of a Bachelor party long ago ... that's a story for a different time. :)

I think they have great label appeal. Nice graphics, great theme coordination, and a little spendy but not too bad ($7.33 per bar). What didn't you like about them?

The only thing I disliked was the price. I know that good beer can cost and the label appeal can let you up the price quite a bit, but that $44 dollars really can pay for my lye and oils. Otherwise, I loved the product's presentation.

I forgot to mention that the fact that I can make my own beer soap probably add to my reaction. As far as the translucency the soap goes, I do believe that it can be achieved through a good ole gel-phase. :) I'm nowhere near being able to verify that, though.

Last edited:
As far as the translucency the soap goes, I do believe that it can be achieved through a good ole gel-phase. :) I'm nowhere near being able to verify that, though.

I do have a Soap Book that insists you can make translucent-ish soaps by adding different liquors.

I haven't tried this because I like to drink my Vodka instead of soap with it. But there are those who do it...

So...could be possible that it's not M&P and the reason for the price... ?

I've lived in Alaska too long. It is a little spendy to me, but no more exuberant than a customer can decide. But I'm a gal who has bought only two bars of real soap in her life, neither of which was probably an intelligent choice. This first (a couple years ago) was a Zuma "cut your own salt bar" (a soleseife??) and the other was a $7 bar of seal oil M&P so , so what do I know.

Consuela, I want to more know more about the clear liquor bars, because liquor is clear to me: drink what you can and salvage the rest. Soap sounds like a good salvage to me!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back