Check out my new pet

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I got a new blue crayfish yesterday. I've been looking for one of these for awhile, they are very interesting pets.
She is starting to build her home. She will move stone and the plants around until she has a secure home.

1e9esz.jpg

and a short video
View My Video

EDIT: Picked up another blue cray. This is a different species, he will be a bit smaller.
5aiz2d.jpg

Last edited:
She is really neat to watch but is so shy that she's hiding a lot right now. I can't wait until she is adult, they get really bright blue as they age.

She will eat just about anything but so far she really likes chicken and zucchini. She will most likely eat all the fish and snails too but thats ok. Her species is native to Florida, they are brown naturally. The blue is a genetic mutation bred for the pet trade.

They are uncommon here but I live in a small town with only a couple mom & pop pets stores. I called 6 pet stores in a big city before I found one that had them in stock.

That is too freaking awesome! I wish I could have one but I think my family would try to put it in the pot.. :/

Back