Miracles Do Happen

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmage

Reaction score
I haven't been on in several days due to my having to rush to Chattanooga, Tn which is a 6 hour drive north from where I live to see my mom who got rushed to the ER Thursday morning. Her BP went dangerously low and my dad was taking her to her normal doctor when she collapsed and daddy did CPR on her until EMS arrived and worked on her on the way to the ER. She's been in MICU ever since and I didn't get there until that night to see her. She was on life support for 2 days then they got her to breathe on her own with aid of a oxygen mask until her lungs get stronger. She was at death's door and it was touch and go and I was preparing to say goodbye when she surprised us all. I only got to see her 3x a day for 40 minutes each and she regained consciousness the last day and a half. We left our son in Birmingham with my hubby's folks for the time we were in Chattanooga. We just got back home a few minutes ago and I'm mentally exhausted but feel better knowing that she is on her way to recovery, albeit slowly. We hope to go back in a few weeks if she gets out of the hospital and back home so she can actually see her grandson. So anyways I'm home, and am now going to sleep in my recliner and hopefully have peaceful dreams for once.

Sorry to hear about your mom, and how awful the last couple of days have been, Mage. So glad things are looking up and everyone is able to start recovering. Take care of yourself and your loved ones, and keep us updated when you can. I will think of you when I am soapmaking and hoping that you will have the time and the peace to be back to it soon.

Back