What type of soaper are you? (humor thread)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Castile maker (at least, I make alot of them but I also make all veggie and animal fat soap so maybe I'm just weird) a scenter for sure and a namer. I've got soaps called "Arabian nights, Drops of Jupiter, The Pub, Amethyst Aura, Old Glory. I loooove me some naming. I also think I'm trying into a colorist.

Also, even with Castile, I get trace in like 2 minutes! 10 minutes? Maybe SB's have just gotten better.

I love color and scents and was all veggie until I started hanging out on this forum....now I'm lovin' the LARD!!!!

Rancher (subcategory lardist), colorist, scenter, and, resultingly, an expense artist. I am eventually going (distant future, guys, don't worry) to have to start trying to sell just to (a) get rid of it and (b) see if I can deduct it from my taxes.

Let's see.. I'd say I'm a Veggie (but love using milks and honey!), slightly an Oil Investor (love mango butter in soap), an Additive Type, a Ten-minute Tracer, and most definitely a major Scenter and Colorist!

Last edited:
Lardist, latherer,
I tend to binge soaping,

(like other people check the fridge for food at 2:00 o'clock in the morning. i always make sure I have a 1 lb masterbatch on hand, just incase I need to make a soap at night)

I'm an oil investing, additive type (mine are mostly liquids and powder) with a thing for naming soap! :mrgreen: Man, I've been coming across funny things online all day.

Last edited:
So I read the whole page and for a month I thought I might be the Mad Scientist

But then I read the description and realized No!

But I do think I could be the Rancherand
THE TWELVE-STEP SOAPER: Sees a lot of these obsessions in herself. Agrees that there is probably a support group out there, but doesn't really want to be cured!!

image.jpg

I am a butter addict and I love the feels of soap with cocoa or mango butter on it.

I'm so a scenter, expense, 12 stepper, and everything else depending on the moon, tides and placement of Jupiter at a giving moment. Maybe there's a multiple personalities soaper?

I thought I'd add some more soaper archetypes to tickle your funny bone while you're stirring those soap pots.

1. The Over-Planner
    • This soaper has spreadsheets for their spreadsheets and a color-coded filing system for essential oils. But somehow, they never get around to actually making soap!
  2. The Mad Scientist
    • This soaper is always pushing the boundaries, trying outlandish combinations like "garlic and lavender" or "coffee and patchouli." Their lab—err, kitchen—is a place of wonder and occasional horror.
  3. The Safety Captain
    • Goggles? Check. Gloves? Check. Hazmat suit? Check. This soaper takes safety to the next level but often forgets to actually add the lye to the water.
  4. The Fragrance Hoarder
    • This soaper has every fragrance oil known to humankind but can't decide which one to use. Their house smells like a blend of a bakery, a flower garden, and a spice market.
  5. The Soap Philosopher
    • This soaper spends more time contemplating the deeper meaning of saponification than actually making soap. Is lye merely a catalyst, or is it the essence of transformation? 🤔
  6. The Perfectionist
    • This soaper will scrap an entire batch if it has one air bubble. They've been known to use a ruler, protractor, and spirit level to ensure each bar is cut to mathematical perfection.

Tickled pink to have caught this as I head on on vacation.

I looked for myself in the list (and additions), but didn't find me so I'm going to add "The KISS Soaper": No fancy recipe, no fancy designs, no fancy names, no fancy packaging. I master batch, I only use two recipes (regular soap and goat milk soap) I use boxes, I make single or two-color soaps, no additives other than KO and SL, soaps are named after the FO/EO I use. The only reason why I'm not "The Boring Soaper" is that I do like my drop/chopstick swirl and sometimes, I had a little swirly pattern to the tops of my soap with a chopstick. LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back