SMF LA area soapers in person meet-up

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are any of you guys who are local-ish to LA interested in meeting up? Some of us are thinking of doing so to swap/give away the stuff that we are not using and just chat about soap w/o fear of boring our non-soaping friends and family. I know some folks have expressed interest, but can't find the posts now. We were hoping to do it on one of the next few weekends.

If you are interested, PM me, I think it would be fun to put faces to names!

I wish I lived in America, I would definetely come! What bliss, talking soap to people who are interested!

Im in! I dont have a lot in the way of supplies to swap, but I have soap :D

Wish I was living in CA not_ally, no such luck. Hope you have have a big group and have lots of fun.
I'm in the middle of a move, within Michigan, but it's so much work, packing everything up. Wasn't able to soap for weeks, was getting on my nerves. So yesterday I finally gave in and soaped with my OT ol'spice type and Mysore sandalwood FOs.
Sorry for going off on a tangent there but would love to meet local soapers myself, after I get settled at the new place.

Hey V, do you like the OT Mysore Sandalwood? I am derailing my own thread, but I love sandalwood, and someone just recommended it on another thread. OT is having a sale which will be ending shortly, I have already ordered - and am having trouble adding to it - but am thinking of doing another with another OT scent I love and the MS, at least the sale discount will pay for the additional shipping :)

Good luck with the move - I am glad you made it through the packing without going through soaping DTs!

not_ally, I think it would be too early for me to comment considering how lionprincess said it would come back and it's not powdery at all etc. for me, OOB its weak and too powdery. Today it's even fainter. I'm hoping it would comeback, I used the full ounce ppo. Even if it did, it's nowhere close to the Mysore sandal soap scent or my favorite Medimix sandal. May be i should update you after couple of weeks. On the other hand, I like the ol'spice type. I got their black star amethyst for a sample, I put in 2 soap batch.it's just too artificial for me.

Wish I was living in CA not_ally, no such luck. Hope you have have a big group and have lots of fun.
I'm in the middle of a move, within Michigan, but it's so much work, packing everything up. Wasn't able to soap for weeks, was getting on my nerves. So yesterday I finally gave in and soaped with my OT ol'spice type and Mysore sandalwood FOs.
Sorry for going off on a tangent there but would love to meet local soapers myself, after I get settled at the new place.

Where in Michigan are you moving to?

I'm in Sacramento but totally willing to make the drive down. Gives me an excuse to go to Magic Mountain too! If only Harry Potter land was already open. It would be the ultimate vacay. Soaping + amusement parks!

Novi area, Shunt. I know you and James are in Michigan, let me know if you folks plan on meeting please. I will be done with my move by end of the month.

Aww I got excited thinking LA meant Louisiana when I first saw the thread lol! I live just a few hours from there and would have tried to make it! :D

Jules, these soap collective meetings are monthly and John is wonderful. In fact he is going to be starting up some advanced classes that sound really interesting. One he is considering is teaching how to properly determine SAP values. Unless SeaWolfe offers a correction I believe that is what he mentioned. :p I might be just having a senior moment...
http://www.meetup.com/The-Soap-Coll.../?a=uc1_vm&read=1&_af=event&_af_eid=222714256

Yay, Jules, it would be great to meet you! PM me, or I'll PM you (that sounds like a threat - your soapies or your life, lady!:)

If we make it on Sunday, you Nocal'ers could make it a weekend visit and do the meetup, it is on Sat., and have a big soaping weekend. Carolyn, Seawolfe and I will be there on Sat.

ETA: oops, just realized that when I signed up for the meetup on Sat. there was only 1 space left, maybe he would expand if we pick Sunday for the meetup and you both want to do the other one on Sat. as well.

Last edited:
I just saw this thread, I PM'd you, not_ally. I'd love to meet some other people interested in soaping. We've only been here a year and a few of our neighbors have become wonderful friends, but none of them are crafters and I would dearly love to meet some people who share an interest in one of my hobbies.

Back