Soap Friends & Freindship

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending up prayers for you Cindy..May the Lord guide the hands of your surgeons, and may you have a speedy recovery. Let us know how things are going ok?

Huge HUGS

My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you be cradled in Gods arms and his healing energy help you to recover really fast.

Thinking of you Cindy. A friend of dh's had a brain tumour removed about 3 yrs ago and no recurrence, keeping fingers crossed for you.

Adding my best wishes to those above. Wishing you strength and resilience and looking forward to seeing you back here as soon as you are feeling better.

OMG! I have missed this chain as well :(

I wish good luck and best wishes. I loved newbie's idea.... we understand if you can't come on here and post anything but please allow any family member to post where abouts even if they be just one liners. We are already worried :( sending flowers your way!

HUGE HUG TO YOU! BIG GROUP HUG!!!!!

1432115478835.jpg

Speaking as a former Neuro ICU nurse, even if everything went perfectly, she probably won't get home until Tuesday at the earliest.

True that..was just hoping maybe a close friend here may have heard something.

I am so sorry for not posting sooner. One problem resolved, another one found..... Anyway, on 6/17/15 I was cleared by my neurosurgeon - it was a benign tumor; stage 1, so the likelihood of re-occurrence will be rare. The not-so-good news is that with the ups and downs of my recovery, I developed colitis - c-diff; a nasty bug not uncommon when dealing with high powered antibiotics. I went through my 1st course of meds with still active c-diff. (By this time I was home from rehab). I went to have more blood work done, and the next day I got a call from the MD office to go to the emergency room.... My white blood cell count was 4x what it should have been. Anyway, 6 hours later and after an abdominal CT scan, I find out I am being re-admitted due to a new abdominal mass.

So, after I get admitted upstairs, who walks in my room but my hero friend Dr. Matthew Carr, hematologist/oncologist. After he chews me out for finding out I was back in the hospital by a floor nurse, he informs me that a surgeon will be in to see me and that from now on he is my primary MD. He proceeds to show me the CT - a 5# basketball that has encased my right ovary and compressing my bladder in half.... No wonder I'm peeing all the time!! (I thought it was the diabetes@#$!!).

Anyway, to bring this to a close.... Dr. Carr and his amazing surgeon, Dr. Podulinski; a female gynecological surgeon, feel we caught this very early - the CT shows mostly fluid with some solidification around the right ovary. (I'm almost 54 - I don't need these parts anymore). On 7/9, I go back for surgery #2.

I just renewed my membership here, so I'm looking forward to another year of soaping friendship. Thank-you all for your good wishes and prayers. I feel like I've been granted a miracle with my brain surgery, and remain positive for my next surgery.

I resumed driving short distances with my husband's disapproval..... but my MD's okay so hopefully Relle and Sonya will get their mica samples.

It's good to be back!!

Oh my gosh I'm glad they found it! But I'm so sorry you have to go through more surgery and stuff. Gentle hugs and keep on keeping on. I wish you an unremarkable surgery and a smooth recovery with no more surprises. And thanks for the update :)

Oh my Cindy~~ :( I am so sorry to hear this news..just found out today. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I know you make beautiful soaps but I want to send you my flower cake soaps for you. May I? If it's okay, please PM me. I make soaps so I can share with people who can be uplifted by with my soaps in a small way. Big hugs to you:).

Back