Withdrawal symptoms (soaping) set to end

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
I ordered a new 4 lb wooden hinged and pegged loaf mold on May 22. It is the first mold that I will have bought that is not a flimsy silicone type.

So, I told myself that I would not even touch my soaping supplies until this "big boy" mold arrived. Besides, the time away would give me time to reflect on and revise my basic recipes to try and make them better. No big deal right?

Well, at the time that I ordered the mold, the manufacturer (Candles and Woodcrafts) clearly stated that they were in the process of revamping their operations and wouldn't begin making more molds until June 5; molds to be manufactured in the order that orders were placed. Sooo, I've been waiting and waiting and looking at my supplies (which have grown during this down time). I've even caught myself wistfully smelling random bottles of fragrance oil to see if I can determine which scents they are without looking at the label.. :Kitten Love:

Anyway, I received the tracking number today and my mold is scheduled for delivery Monday. Finally, an end to the madness. I think that Monday or Tuesday evening I will be attempting a red, white and black tiger swirl using an Abercrombie Fierce Type FO that I have (heavy emphasis on the "attempt"). Unless of course I am so overcome with happiness/possessiveness that I sit in the corner rubbing my mold and repeating the phrase "They cants have you my precioussssss." :crazy:

Congrats on the mold :) Had me worried there for a moment with that thread title..thought you were leaving the soaping world..~whew~

Back