Newbies Soap contest

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since she is not selling, and I don't see a lot of advertising on her blog, I think she's just trying to be nice and generous (and maybe get followers to her blog).

Hi, No I am not selling at this time, I have not had my blog for very long and it has been pretty much based on homesteading and other related matters. I do love soaping, and thought it would be nice to connect with other newbie soapers, on something other than FB. Besides it gives me something to write about in the soap realm. I hope that I did not break any rules or offend anyone, I really just thought it would be fun to host a contest on my blog. However it does seem like a waste of time at this moment. Not an entry one. If I was wrong to post it here please remove it from here.

Hi, No I am not selling at this time, I have not had my blog for very long and it has been pretty much based on homesteading and other related matters. I do love soaping, and thought it would be nice to connect with other newbie soapers, on something other than FB. Besides it gives me something to write about in the soap realm. I hope that I did not break any rules or offend anyone, I really just thought it would be fun to host a contest on my blog. However it does seem like a waste of time at this moment. Not an entry one. If I was wrong to post it here please remove it from here.

Give it a couple of days, at least. Not everyone active on this forum shows up every day, and quite a few people keep rather odd hours.

An admin basically gave your post for the contest the green light with her reply. So you should be fine with posting it here.

Just like with making soap, have a bit of patience. Quite a few newbies here (myself included), and if you participate and let people know something about who you are you'll probably see some results.

I may join. The rules do not specify if cold or melt and pour?
Also you have no sign up, so maybe people want to join but you do not know it? It takes time to make soap.

Give it a couple of days, at least. Not everyone active on this forum shows up every day, and quite a few people keep rather odd hours.

An admin basically gave your post for the contest the green light with her reply. So you should be fine with posting it here.

Just like with making soap, have a bit of patience. Quite a few newbies here (myself included), and if you participate and let people know something about who you are you'll probably see some results.

Thank you :) I think I may have been reading her post the wrong way an being hyper sensitive.....I will address the about me in another post, thanks for the tip. I have participated, only a little at this point. I need to make time to actively be involved here. My schedule is insane lately :/

If I have my soap making stuff and make some by then I'll gladly enter. Thank you for this opportunity :)

I may join. The rules do not specify if cold or melt and pour?
Also you have no sign up, so maybe people want to join but you do not know it? It takes time to make soap.

Hi SunRiseArts, Thank you for your reply, the sign up is through email [email protected]. Frankly I didn't know how else to do it. My blog is a free one so it does not allow for bells and whistles :/

As for the soap it does not matter what kind of soap you make, I will address that hiccup on my page. It is for all soaps types. Thank you for pointing that out. I really appreciate it :) Hope to see you there!

Hi all well a little about me. First of all I am really stepping out of my comfort zone, I am a pretty reclusive hermit I suppose. Not that I have always been this way, sort of life happened, and I am working my way back to being more social. Ok enough about that.

I love soaping, it has been a true love for over 18 years. I had a pretty nice little soap biz going way back early 2000 and then tragedy struck my world. I have been battling my way back to soaping since then and finally I am making slow progress to my new goals in regards to soaping.

I love CP soaps and it is what I started with, currently I am doing HP trying to get some fast inventory built up while the slower CP cures. I am finding that I like this as well a lot truthfully. Patience has never been a strong virtue for me :)
I must say I truly admire the beautiful soaps that I see, I have not had experience in that end of it. Always chasing the elusive perfect bar for my fussy skin.

As for my blog, I started it as a means of rejoining the social world without having to deal with the drama of certain sites. I find I have little tolerance for a great deal of what goes on, there are more important things in life. Which is why I joined this forum. I love how there is such a large community of people with a common goal.
gypsyhomestead is basically about homesteading, recipes, farming and so forth and now soaping. BTW it is a work in progress I am learning as I go.

OK NOW as for the Contest- I started the contest in hopes of meeting other new soapers. In my mind it was a way to perhaps meet other bloggers who are also soaping. A way for all of us newbies to get together and share what we have done, who we are, our blogs, sites, stores etc...Another way of creating a community of like minded people and to help each other along the way by being able to link up to get ourselves noticed in this savage high tech world. Finally a way to have fun, hopefully it will be something that can become pretty common amongst those willing to participate, perhaps everyone involved having a contest here and there.
So there you have it :) Sorry for being so long winded.

How are you defining "newbies"? I don't recall a specific cut-off or a requirement for experience in your rules?

Thank you for pointing this out, I would say that it is open ended, if you consider yourself a newbie, then your a newbie. Nobody can really make that decision but yourself. I was going on the honesty system with this. You know like at a veggie stand where you put the money in a can.........Same concept. If you know that your skills are above a beginner, then your not a newbie.

Er, more questions about your contest. You say:

label your soap and list your ingredients, NOT your recipes

Which would work great for someone entering an older soap they'd made. For a new soap, made specifically for your contest, they'll be way too young to label. Would a picture of the label near the soap suffice? Are you looking more for something to give a name to the soap or actual label as if it were going to be sold?

Edited to remove the bit about HP vs CP and cure times, other folks have it covered better than I can...

Er, more questions about your contest. You say:

Which would work great for someone entering an older soap they'd made. For a new soap, made specifically for your contest, they'll be way too young to label. Would a picture of the label near the soap suffice? Are you looking more for something to give a name to the soap or actual label as if it were going to be sold?

Edited to remove the bit about HP vs CP and cure times, other folks have it covered better than I can...

ABSOLUTELY wow ya'll are amazing. any label will be fine, I suppose I should of specified. By labeling I meant give your soap a name so that when I post them I know what to call each entry. So That being said, to label with a physical label it optional. Questions are a great thing, they force me to think harder LOL
I admit I have learned more by the questions I have been asked. Doing is learning.

O jeez I just somehow managed to delete the labeling question. Ok well to answer it. To label( I should have clarified) Meant give your soap a name so I know what to call each one as I post it to the page. Sorry about that. Now if you choose to put a physical label with your soap which is totally optional, by all means put it beside it if need be

OK well there it is....................

Hello everyone, today is Friday the 13th, what better day to enter the Newbie Soap Contest with it's winner being announced Halloween night. Come one, come all, maybe I should of called it the Halloween Soapers Ball. :)

Latest posts

Back