Squirrely Lye Guy?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble getting an order from the Lye Guy in NY? I placed an order last week and I've not received a shipping notice from him. When I went to check on it just now I got a "SquirrelCart error". What's up with that? :confused:

I placed an order from The Lye Guy around Sept. 11, 2017, and it arrived about a week later from NY to WI and there were no issues. But when I just went to log into my account to confirm the exact order date, all I get is the Squirrelcart Error message. Strange. I hope this is just a technological error, and not an indication that he has gone out of business!

ETA: the invoice came from the email below, so maybe try sending him a direct email?

[email protected]

Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread. I've ordered from the Lye Guy for years with never a problem. Hope all is well!

I placed an order from The Lye Guy around Sept. 11, 2017, and it arrived about a week later from NY to WI and there were no issues. But when I just went to log into my account to confirm the exact order date, all I get is the Squirrelcart Error message. Strange. I hope this is just a technological error, and not an indication that he has gone out of business!

ETA: the invoice came from the email below, so maybe try sending him a direct email?

[email protected]
Hmmm. Good advice, Howie. Thanks for the link. I just sent off an email.

I placed my order last Monday, Sept 25. It usually takes a week to get to CO too, but I just checked and noticed I didn't get an order confirmation! YIKES! I hope all is well and this is just a glitch in his system. Cross fingers.

Oh my! I hope all is well too. I usually soap in small batches so when I order from him my lye supply will last me nearly a year. Please let us know how it turns out Zany.

I placed an order on the 27th, it shipped the 29th, and is scheduled to be delivered on the 3rd. I just logged into my account and all seems well, perhaps there was a little glitch and it's fixed now? Hopefully you've heard from him by now Zany

I am speaking here as a small business owner with an e-commerce website. I work really hard to keep my customers happy, but it's a fact -- website (and other) problems happen from time to time despite my best efforts and best intentions.

It would bother me greatly to learn that someone was complaining about my business on a public forum with no attempt to contact me FIRST to give me a chance to resolve the problem. If a customer is concerned about any issue with an order or about how the website is functioning, the FIRST person the customer should contact is the business owner, not a public forum like this. If you don't get any satisfaction or any response from the owner, then by all means, let 'er rip in public, but give the owner a chance FIRST, please!

In my dealings with The Lye Guy over the past 5 years, he has provided a good product that has been well packaged and shipped timely. He has always been responsive to my questions whether by phone or email. I have zero complaints about him and his business and will continue to support him in the future.

I placed an order on the 27th, it shipped the 29th, and is scheduled to be delivered on the 3rd. I just logged into my account and all seems well, perhaps there was a little glitch and it's fixed now? Hopefully you've heard from him by now Zany
I'm happy to report that Jim Sweeting, The Lye Guy, is alive and well! He sent an Email first thing this morning to tell me that my order was placed on the 27th, it shipped the 29th, and is scheduled to be delivered on the 3rd. YAY!

In my dealings with The Lye Guy over the past 5 years, he has provided a good product that has been well packaged and shipped timely. He has always been responsive to my questions whether by phone or email. I have zero complaints about him and his business and will continue to support him in the future.
I couldn't agree more! I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining... just asking for help. Thank goodness Howie was there to give me exactly the help I needed! I am SO grateful for him and all the helpful people on this forum.
Squirrelcart is an e-commerce solution, so there seems to be an issue with that. If you've been sending emails as soon as you get an error then he should be working on it.
Good to know! Thank you, Effy G! I appreciate it! :)

Thank heavens, glad to hear all is well! The Lye Guy is one of my favorite soaping-related vendors.

Latest posts

Back