Stinky dog dilemma

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was breeding boxers for years and judging them , The more you wash your dog the more stink will be produced, Dog should be bathed not to often, When you shampoo your dog you take all protection from the hair and the skin, Then the stink. If your dog is long haired they after play have a bit of wind stink ;) what Kind of dog do you have JC?
there is a way to keep the dog clean without using shampoo, You just need a sponge, lukewarm water and one lemon squeezed in it, With damp sponge clean the dog, I guarantee the smell will be gone and dog will clean without harming or drying his skin ;) good luck

what Kind of dog do you have JC?

She's a Maltese.
The only time she ever stinks is when she is with her sister (my mom has her sister) about once every 2-3 months and only for about a half hour or so. I only use shampoo on her about once a month, but I do give her a bath every week - because she loves the water, and tries to jump in the tub with my granddaughter every night. LOL

Mitsy (my pup) is the one in the white bandanna

FB_IMG_1506010714479.jpg

thank you for wonderful pic they both beautiful dogs. must be some kind of exchanging the smells with those two :) . maltese that like water that strange :) funny girl ,

thank you for wonderful pic they both beautiful dogs. must be some kind of exchanging the smells with those two :) . maltese that like water that strange :) funny girl ,

Yeah, she's crazy. LOL Her sister, (the other pup pictured) HATES baths. From what my mom says whenever she runs water, the dog will run to her bed and pretend to be asleep. LOL

I used to have a staffyxlab that had the most god awful stink. I took her to several vets and got different answers from each of them. One told me she was alergic to something in the yard, another told me it was the food she ate and needed to go on some ridiculously expensive dog food to "cure" it and another told me she just needed to be bathed, stuff like this. This went on for about 2 years as we tried to get to the bottom of it. Then on one vet visit ( I think it was for routine check up or something) there was a fill-in vet that told me that some dogs just smell. That there is nothing that causes it, its just the way they are. Maybe your little guy is like my dog. Smells cause he smells.

I used to have a staffyxlab that had the most god awful stink. I took her to several vets and got different answers from each of them. One told me she was alergic to something in the yard, another told me it was the food she ate and needed to go on some ridiculously expensive dog food to "cure" it and another told me she just needed to be bathed, stuff like this. This went on for about 2 years as we tried to get to the bottom of it. Then on one vet visit ( I think it was for routine check up or something) there was a fill-in vet that told me that some dogs just smell. That there is nothing that causes it, its just the way they are. Maybe your little guy is like my dog. Smells cause he smells.

As long as he only stinks for a few minutes after being in the warmth of the sun, it's no biggie. I was curious more than anything. And being a little guy, there's much less stink than there must have been from your staffy/lab. But you know that no matter how much they stink...we love them anyway. If he reeked like a skunk, I would still snuggle him. And you can see from his smile that he knows it!!!

DSCN0812.jpg

oh yes I totally understand. It didn't matter how stinky she got she still got hugs and spoiled rotten. She was a good dog who left us too soon. But isnt that the way it goes with all good dogs.

I had so many dogs in my life, all loved, no matter how they behave. Dogs are dogs stinky of not they are loved by us, I mean normal decent human beings

Maybe time to make him some doggy deodorant!!! (after doggy soap of course). :)

Back