Pump bottle tops

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I have a super adorable fox soap dispenser for my liquid soap. The problem is that the soap shoots out like a water gun and is angled to hit you hip when it's placed on the counter. I have to pre-warn guests and people are still a bit shocked at how fast it shoots out (aka hits them in the stomach). I hold my hand 6" away and it still bounces back to the wall.

Does anyone have a fool proof way to measure a replacement pump? I'm not really sure where to start with that. My soap is roughly 70% olive oil and very thin, should I look into a foamer top?

IMG_0594.jpg

Last edited:
Cute little fox dispenser! If the soap is really thin, you might have the shooting out problem even with a different regular pump top. I think I would look at switching it to a foamer top.

My ideas for measuring are far from fool proof, but I'd start with the diameter of the part that screws onto the bottle. Check the entire assembly over as well, see if you can find a part number or manufacturer name or any other useful info on it.

Back