Any nerds out there?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a towel-carrying, ring-bearing, nerf-herding, timey-wimey, frakking, shiny, Princess of Themiscyra, thank you very much.
Love, love, LOVE it!
I'm a casual gamer, been a bit obsessed with fallout 4 and the witcher 3 for the last couple years. Really hoping for a new RPG soon. ...

Still playing Fallout 4 myself. I've started several characters now, and each time I tell myself that I'm going to use a different playing style. But I just can't help going back to my sneak-sniper style every time. I really, really do love the Survival mode with food and MUCH more danger, though I use a mod for saving on demand, and one that has a few subway stations scattered around to take most of the drudgery out of not having fast travel.

Love, love, LOVE it!

Still playing Fallout 4 myself. I've started several characters now, and each time I tell myself that I'm going to use a different playing style. But I just can't help going back to my sneak-sniper style every time. I really, really do love the Survival mode with food and MUCH more danger, though I use a mod for saving on demand, and one that has a few subway stations scattered around to take most of the drudgery out of not having fast travel.

I love fallout 4 and I blame my sister for that one. It's so bad that when I leave work at night ( because corporate turns the lights off) I get a little jumpy leaving the store be cause all I can think of is that I'm going to see is a raider or a ***** ghoul, and please don't let something fall on the way out. I have one manger that has gotten the reference so far and now she can't get it out of her head either XD

I'm a nerd. We're gamers here. Got a D&D campaign running, we play every Sunday. DH is part of another gaming group that meets at a friend's house every Saturday (I dropped out of that one, though. Too much socializing- I'm a hermit). I've played WoW since vanilla. I had a character already at max level with Burning Crusades launched, and I've still got that same character, and she's still max level. Though her gear is probably pretty badly out of date by this time, I quit playing not long after Legion. I'm sure I'll go back to it eventually. I'm a pet collector in WoW, got... I don't remember exactly but some ridiculous number of pets.

We've got Firefly, Babylon 5, and a couple of the Star Trek series on dvd. We bring out Firefly and watch through it about twice a year. I think it'd probably be fair to call us browncoats. My day to day clothing usually consists of a Firefly themed t-shirt and whatever bottoms. I've made Firefly themed soap. I'm trying to make a Serenity soap stamp.

DH tried to get me interested in Witcher 3, but... meh. I want to be able to customize my character, not be locked in to one. That game looked like it was pretty much on rails, too. I like Fallout 4, that big, open sandbox style. Horizon Zero Dawn I think it's called is another one I've tried, but meh. It's another lock you into a predetermined character and runs on rails sort it looks like.

I'm planning some cosplay elements for DragonCon next year (we're going!! already have our tickets!). Nothing specific to any franchise or character, I've just had this idea for some costume elements that will fit right in and look cool. I hope. So now I'm working on building. I've also discovered that you can 3d print chain and scale mail armor. How cool is that?!

We've got Firefly, Babylon 5, and a couple of the Star Trek series on dvd. We bring out Firefly and watch through it about twice a year. I think it'd probably be fair to call us browncoats. My day to day clothing usually consists of a Firefly themed t-shirt and whatever bottoms. I've made Firefly themed soap. I'm trying to make a Serenity soap stamp.

Love me some Firefly too! I really miss that show. :(

Tom Baker is my Doctor. [emoji4] I remember watching them on PBS for hours at a time. You had to be committed to watch7ng when you sat down, because you never knew if the episode was going to be 30 mins or 2 hours!

I watched at my grandmas house on Saturday mornings usually..

Fellow nerd here as well!

Sort of, at least. I haven’t been nerding out as much recently.

I love everything LotR and Star Trek.
So much so that:

- I have a toy/replica/faux One Ring in my jewelry box (came with the box set of LotR that I got long, long ago)
- I plan on dressing up my 14 month old son as a Hobbit for Halloween
- I’ve played Lord of the Rings Online (and loved it!)
- my email address is a made up Hobbit name that I got from a LotR name generator online.
- I have an old CD with nothing but Star Trek theme/intro songs on it that a friend burned for me years ago.
- I love watching Voyager reruns on Netflix.

.... Eh, yeah. I’ll stop there.

I'm planning some cosplay elements for DragonCon next year (we're going!! already have our tickets!).

Need a roomie? (only slightly kidding). I talked to a friend who went this past year and asked if she was going again and had the space if be willing to let me crash on the floor or something. I don't know if she managed to get a room or not and I'm too chicken just yet to bring it up again. :p

I have never been to a big con, yet!

I was able to introduce my kids to Season 1 on Amazon Prime. It was just like I remember.

I'm watching the new one on Netflix. Haven't gone back to the old yet.

I enjoyed the original series of Star Trek, back when it was still on TV. Not so much the later stuff or any other Sci-Fi. I played D&D, but that was back in the late 1970s and about three times in the late 80s. I watched Baker Dr. Who which was always on our local PBS station, but that dried up pretty quickly.

What I do still do that is in another hobby world is play games. No, not video games. Real board games and card games. Not Monopoly or Clue (not that there's anything wrong with them), but the more modern "designer games" (nee "German Games"). Though I keep paring down and buy very few games each year now, I still can't keep the collection below about 1000. Some of the family's favorites are Acquire, Princes of Florence, The Hanging Gardens, Global Rankings, Scrabble, Chinatown, and others I cannot recall. But if you recognize those games, you know the kind I'm talking about (well, except for Scrabble--everyone recognizes that).

Tom Baker is my Doctor. [emoji4] I remember watching them on PBS for hours at a time. You had to be committed to watch7ng when you sat down, because you never knew if the episode was going to be 30 mins or 2 hours!

I met Tom Baker back in '84 at a con in St Louis Mo. That was a blast! Of course I was "twenty something" at the time. It was toward the end of the day and he was worn out but still pleasant to talk to.

TB.jpg

Ooh ooh, fellow D&D nerd! What edition are you playing? Homebrew or premade? Tell me about your character! :mrgreen:

3.5 I think, with a few tweaks from 5 thrown in because the DM likes them. He's trying to convince one of our players to give full on 5 a go, but the player is saying no (largely because 5 removed most of his options to min/max, which is what he like to do with his characters).

I'm a cat folk sorcerer/druid aiming to become an arcane hierophant. We're currently level 4 (and I had to take my first level as catfolk, so it's going to take me a little longer to get to hierophant).

Campaign is a home-brewed set up, and the DM knows his players pretty well. He's got half a dozen or so hooks to dangle in front of us and see which ones we bite on. The core is that we're a new group of adventurers and the city we're based out of has an adventurer's guild with various tasks available. We're trying to make a name for ourselves and accumulate wealth, power, glory, etc etc. My character has as her ultimate goal becoming powerful enough to take over her clan and become the matriarch. There's also a human barbarian, a dwarven sorcerer (he's going for combat mage), and a half-dragon ranger/sorcerer (I forget what the prestige class she's going for is called, combines the two). We just finished up one set where we had to go find a lost temple in the middle of a desert and ancillary quests that we could pick up on the way. Almost wiped the party a couple of times, but we managed to not quite die. Our luck so far with rolling loot has been pretty abysmal, we had to actually buy basic magic weapons because we couldn't find any. We did find a class 4 bag of holding, though, so that helps.

I'm not the computer gamer type of nerd, but rather a TV show, movie, book type of nerd.

I do, however like certain board games, though- the type that make us all end up rolling on the floor in laughter, such as Telestrations and Balderdash.

I love watching Star Trek (we're going through Voyager right now), and I've actually been to one Trekkie convention- back in the early '90's when Next Generation was on TV (I got an autograph from Marina Sirtis who played Troi). Normally, I would never have considered going to a convention, but my best friend and her hubby (who could easily pass for Jonathan Frakes/Riker, btw) were huuuuuuuuge Trekkies (they each owned uniforms) and they talked hubby and I into going with them.

I love Dr. Who, but I'm a new fan, i.e., I was never into it when I was growing up. Christopher Eccleston's incarnation was my first experience of the Doctor. My hubby actually looks a lot like Peter Capaldi, the 12th Doctor, and one would think he would be my favorite Doctor because of that, but my favorite of all the Doctors I've seen so far is David Tennant's incarnation. What a phenomenal actor. My favorite of the companions are Rory and Amy, and my least favorite of the companions is Rose (because of how horribly she always treated Mickie). I wished Donna's father could've tagged along as a companion- he would've been awesome. Mickie would've been awesome, too.

I'm also a fan of Star Wars- the theatre versions of the original 3, and the most recent ones that have come out (i.e., not Lucas's latter-day muck-ups) and an LOTR fan as well. I used to make it a habit to read the LOTR books once a year, but I haven't done so in a while.

I also enjoy watching the Marvel movies, as well as the show, Shield.

IrishLass :)

I have played DDO, STO (Craig! I didn't know you played!), and GW2. As a matter of fact, I met my husband on DDO, played STO with him and got married because of crafting in GW2...don't ask. I played tabletop D&D back in the day, then found a gaming group when we lived in our previous city. I would LOVE to find another group, but our hours are all over the place right now.

I've been to 8 of the past 10 Anime Central conventions with rooms already booked for next year. I have a friend who does 3 panels each year and drags my husband and I into helping him (we do get ticket discounts for it)

While I don't read manga my husband and I watch anime to relax after game night - 3.pathfinder. My husband is our GM. I am playing a Changling sorcerer with an efereet bloodline and hope to make an NPC we just rescued my sugar daddy (he just has to get rich again and we have lots of plot to get through before I consider fluff for my character). BattleGnome is based off of a former character - a gnomish bard based off of the Futurama episode where Fry trades hands with the robot devil. I think there is a week left on the Pathfinder HumbleBundle if anyone wants an assortment of official books and modules for less than $50

I love board games but don't have many people to play with, no one is that interested. I have nearly 20 versions of monopoly but am thinking of downsizing them. I am incredibly impatient waiting for Exploding Unicorns to be sent out - the kickstarter survey just closed and I know I have at least a month before I get it.

I also call myself a knitting nerd, but I'm not sure if you're counting that right now.

Back