Know any last minute quick Oktobfest recipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If I get enough studying done I'll be going to an Oktoberfest party, but haven't prepared a single thing. Do you have any appetizer or dessert ideas? I'd really like to go to this party because I haven't socialized since starting this class - Thanks!

Ditto on soft pretzels made with lye. Here's the tutorial on how I make mine: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=49024&highlight=Pretzels

As Kittish said- you'll want to set aside the better part of a full day to make them. If you don't have enough time out of a full day to get them baked up, you can freeze the shaped dough before the final rise and bake them another day (instructions are near the bottom of post #2 in my tutorial).

IrishLass :)

I never did make them. My SIL , for whom I was going to make them, has backed off of eating any type of GF breads since her tummy now seems to be bothered by even GF grains. The experimenter in me would still like to try the recipe out one of these days, though, just for the heck of it.

I never did make them. My SIL , for whom I was going to make them, has backed off of eating any type of GF breads since her tummy now seems to be bothered by even GF grains. The experimenter in me would still like to try the recipe out one of these days, though, just for the heck of it.

My mom had a similar issue with grains - all grains. She was finally diagnosed with microscopic colitis. Prednizone was what finally helped, and she was able to tolerate all grains. Just a thought.

I haven't personally made any of these, but a quick look has my mouth watering. Quite a few of them look pretty easy/fast, too. https://www.pinterest.com/explore/german-appetizers/?lp=true
Thanks for that link, Navigator. YUM! It had my mouth watering too. It reminded me of a great quick and easy casserole we love to make for this time of year, Reuben Casserole. If you like a Reuben Sandwich, you should like this recipe too! I just posted it in the Food & Drink recipes Forum... right before Toxicon's Apple thingy. (drool)

Latest posts

Back