Milk Frother/Whisk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just scored a bag of 5 of these at a local thrift store for 5 bucks, made mixing clay in oil so much easier

Perfect! I have been meaning to get one of these to try out some powder colorant. Thanks for the link!

(Shipping is a month out - but still a great deal, especially if you can wait or just need a backup!)

Last edited:
I have that exact one for mixing colorants and such and I honestly hate it. I'm just looking for an excuse to toss it.

I have one that I bought on amazon strictly for coffee use and there is a HUGE difference in quality.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GURCTAG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

If I didn't have 50 other things I needed to purchase first, I would buy another one of those and chuck the one I did get that you listed above.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the baby I got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BROV02/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Some people worried that the end would not do a good job breaking up lumps of mica, but let me tell you - this thing is a powerhouse. I have to be careful not to fling stuff all over the place. And I have never had a problem with mica that is not fully dispersed.

I use one of the other frothers with the spring end when I make 100g batches of lotion, since my SB can't handle such small amounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats the same as mine - the Badger. I let some newbies borrow it at a meetup, and I looked over and they had mica all over them... Ooops

I got one like the orange one pictured above, it works, however if I don't have enough oil, it splatters, and goes slow or stops.

The $5. ones that WSSP and Bramble Berry sell work well for me.

I agree. They are tough little things. I've forgotten them in my soap pot and found them submerged in water a few days later only to find they still work.

They work better and hold up longer than the more expensive one I ordered from Amazon.com. They also have several attachments.

Can't remember where exactly I saw it (think it was a "Soap Queen" video) but the person doing a swirl technique video used one of the coffee frothers and said that she has no problems with them when she mixes colors in vegetable glycerin.

Back