Suggested places to buy molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Mountain Soaps

Reaction score
Im sure that there is a post on here somewhere that addresses suggested places to buy molds, but being that i am forum numskull i dont know how to search for it. But, i would like your suggestions as to where to find the silicone no line soap mold? i have been searching online all night, including brambleberry, wholesale supplies plus, amazon, ebay, and a few other odd webpages that popped up. So far ebay has the most affordable. two five pound molds for 54$. is that a good deal, or do you have any suggestions? I am looking in the 5-10 pound range, cold process. Once again thank you for your time!

If you are looking for silicone lined wood molds, Brambleberry and Wholesale Supplies Plus has them. I buy the silicone liners from Brambleberry and then had my husband make me wooden molds that the liner fits inside of. Love them. Started with 2 now up to 8 of them. I also have a Kelsei slab mold with dividers but only use that for salt bars. Im sure others will share their information too. Another place that as some is Nurture Soap Supplies.

Essential depot has silicon mold. I believe the mold is on sale for $29. You will get 10% off if you buy 3. 3 molds will fit inside large USPS box so that you don't have to buy or make extra wooden box.

Silicon Molds

I had so much trouble getting soap out of molds when I first started. I ordered Brambleberry's 5 pound wooden mold that the bottom sides out. I also purchased the silicon liner. OMG solved all my soap problems. My soap comes out perfect every time. I also purchased extra liners so when my soap hardens a little I take it out but, let it sit in the liner for a few more days. That way I didn't have to buy so many molds. These molds are a little pricey, but well worth it.

im sort of cheap. actually its why I started making my own soap. I don't use wood molds or silicone lined molds. I have a silicone loaf pan I found on amazon for 6 bucks. its done the job so far. amazon has a S* ton of molds that can be had for cheap. all around 6-12 bucks, shipping is free as long as the whole order is 25$ or more.

I was wanting to get brambleberry's silicone slab mold liner, only I am not lucky enough to have someone to make a wooden mold for it to fit in.

I got all of my silicone molds on Amazon, just have to pay close attention to the dimensions of them. But I got a 1 lb, 3 lb, and 4 lb. silicone mold/liner for under 25$. I was just starting out then, and they were my very first soap molds. I propped them up with books to keep the sides straight.

I ended up not liking the slanted sides of the 4 lb mold, and wanted nice square soaps, so I bought 2- 4 lb. wooden molds from E-bay. They ended up being 2.88 oz shy of 4 lbs though, and I really wanted smaller molds for testing fragrances and swirls and techniques (I made soap on a stick for a long time).

My boyfriend ended up making me a LOT of smaller wood molds because I like CPOP and testing/playing, but ultimately I found silicone on Amazon.

Moral of the story here though, is, I outgrew my love for silicone in less than two weeks, for anything other than overflow and sample size bars.

Latest posts

Back