Are there any Bulk Oil & Raw Ingredient Suppliers in the NJ-NY-CT Area?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any distributors or suppliers of soap making ingredients in the New Jersey-New York-Connecticut- Eastern Pennsylvania area?

I live in Northern NJ and buying 100-200 lbs of ingredients at a time is getting expensive to ship. I am trying to find a supplier within a 100 mile radius of New York City. I would really like to be able to find a wholesaler with shea, palm, coconut oil, lye, etc. where I can pick up 100 lbs at a time and not have to deal with shipping costs.

If you know anyone, please please share. Thanks! -Eric

Yeah, I've ordered from Camden Grey before but they are in Florida. I'm in NJ by NYC. I'm trying to avoid spending $100 on freight every time I order 100+lbs of ingredients.

Have you calculated shipping from soapers choice? I just bought 150 pounds worth of stuff from them and the shipping was just over 50 bucks. I am not terribly far from them, but they ship by UPS, so it shouldn't be a whole lot more to get to NY state.

Otherwise, check out restaurant supply places. I would think they would be plentiful in that area.

btw, you can usually get palm oil in 35-50 lb boxes cheap at african stores or international markets. if you have smart and final check there too. 50lbs of palm oil <shorteneing> is usually 35$

Back