New to this forum and to CP soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapysista417

Reaction score
Hi
I wanted to introduce myself I'm Bernice I'll be 42 in a few months. I have 2 kiddos ages 11 and 12. I started this soaping journey in hopes of helping out my family financially since I have Parkinsons and I no longer work. I made melt and pour for a bit but I find cp more interesting although I still do melt and pour soaps. I'm pretty new to all of it. But cp I started in Decenmber and only have made a few batches. I don't know much about the business side of things so I'm slowly learning. Hope to chat with you all soon

Welcome, Soapysista417. Isn't it fun making soap? My granddaughter, now 15, has made soap with me a few times. And even my grandson (also 15) wanted to learn as well. The first time we did it together they were both 13. Have either of yours showed an interest?

Welcome! Make sure to carefully read your country's laws and regulations on selling cosmetics! And insurance is also very important. Making decent money soapmaking can be very difficult. It's a very rewarding hobby though!

Hello and welcome. I suggest you read some of the stickies about starting a business too soon. And as stated, it's difficult to make much money selling as there is an overpopulation of soapmakers these days.

Welcome to the bubbly side of interet, Bernice!

We have been just like you - started on scratch, and slowly growing. We all had to start somewhere, so why not the beginning.

Hello and welcome! You will find soapmaking to be an amazing and addicting hobby! So much to learn...you are in a great place to take in all the info.

Back