Kitten Love totally unprofessional email from supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! Sorry! It was SCHOOL! I had no social life!

I am so sorry for disappearing! I also didn't think this would get so much attention. I started writing back individually, but then I saw how many pages of replies.
Not to mention, I thought I subscribed to the thread. :oops:
I am going to leave a review in the suppliers section. BUT I will hint here that her Creations are Organic.

I have one more semester in veterinary technology, so if I disappear again from 1/23 to 5/23, it's not because I don't love you.

Okay, off to make a polite review.

Review of Organic Creations

Hi
(Carebear, please move this post if you think it should be somewhere else, thanks)

I've made several orders from Organic Creations in the past, with no problems other than slightly slower than average shipping. There are cheaper places, but I wanted organic products.
The solid oils come in ziploc bags and the liquids come in plastic bottles, except for the gallon of almond oil, which came in a soft, collapsible jug, without instructions.
My last order arrived in summer, and I put the products in my cabinet, trusting the ziploc packaging of the coconut oil.
After a heat wave, I noticed a white puddle under my cabinet. I determined (by smell) that it came from the unopened bag of coconut oil from OC.
I cleaned up the mess then returned to making lotion, which involved my first ever experience with a collapsible jug without instructions, and I didn't see any info on the OC website. Needless to say, the oil spilled everywhere and destroyed my digital scale.
I am unemployed so this was a huge impact on my budget. All the money I make from selling soaps & lotions goes right back into new product. I had to borrow money to replace the scale.
I wrote an admittedly snippy letter to Organic Creations about how upset I was with the last order, and she wrote me a very unprofessional reply insinuating I was an idiot for not knowing how to use the jug.
I work in a farmstand and go to farmers markets. I deal with some "high maintenance" and unrealistic (and sometimes unpleasant) customers, and I know that its my job to work out a solution. So I was floored with the owner of Organic Creations' reply. All I needed from her was an apology and instructions, or at best, a coupon to make up for the lost ingredients.
In the end it was fortuitous, because I found an in-state vendor for organic products.
PS: The next day, I had my FXH see if he could figure out the jug, since he had experience with industrial supplies. He was able to pull out the short neck of the jug, but it still spilled and drooled everywhere.

Back