Is rapeseed oil canola?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
Anyone use rapeseed oil? I went to a lush soap store today, she uses rapeseed, sunflower and co, td and sls. I didnt buy any, as they were 7-9.50$ per bar! they were only 3.5oz. Iam curious if its good soap, anyone try this combo?

thanks, so this lady is satying away from palm ,but uses rapeseed, hmm.

I've used it as high as 15% with not DOS after having soap for a year.

honor435 said:
thanks, so this lady is satying away from palm ,but uses rapeseed, hmm.

Lush isn't one lady, it's a big company with locations all over the world. They switched from a base that included palm oil to a palm-free one a year or so ago. It sucks.

http://www.lush.com/

So, you have used it? and it isnt good? Can you explain why you didnt like it? why is it so popular?

I use canola - it makes for a very shiny soap so I use it when I make my charcoal soap. but I recommend keeping to 15% or below.

honor435 said:
So, you have used it? and it isnt good? Can you explain why you didnt like it? why is it so popular?

It's really cheap. I did try it and altough it wasn't bad at all (no DOS at 20%) I prefer my high olive oil recipe.

honor435 said:

I would love to know why it's so popular. It melts away quickly- it's glycerin soap I believe and the scents aren't that great but everyone seems to love them.

Their bath bombs some of them are ok.

Lush is popular because they have some kick ass scents and because their marketing works - and because the whole shebang is FUN.

My skin finds their soaps somewhat drying, but I do enjoy using them on occasion because I like the way they lather and smell. Their bath bombs smell great and are generously sized. I liked the karma lotion when I used it, and still enjoy the Silky Underwear powder. Their shower gels are as good as anyone else's and they smell great. I like the BIG shampoo a lot. And their solid lotions/massage bars are what got me into all this stuff in the first place.

Back