scent help needed!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guspuppy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a terrible cold and cannnot smell a thing, but am in the process of making a gift soap for Christmas (they will have stern instructions to not use it until cured but I only see my friends about twice a year). I wanted to do a cedar/orange scent but I don't know the best ratio and as I can't currently smell anything I can't even do the qtip/baggie test. Any advice? I was thinking one part cedar to 2 parts orange? Thanks!!

That ratio is about what I use for orange blends. I prefer orange with something behind it rather than a 1:1 type of scent. You could go lower like 1:3 cedar: orange if you just want a little bit of depth or je ne sais quoi, but I like the 1:2 myself.

Great to hear since that is what I ended up doing. Thanks so much everyone! I still can't smell anything but the Jasmine lotion bars I made a few days ago for customers of my pet sitting business were a hit. I hope I can smell again soon. It would be awful to go through life not being able to smell anything! :)

Back