newbie looking for info

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrmom26

Reaction score
hi all I'm new to candle making and am wondering what sites and or places everyone buys all their supplies? best price/ best quality etc thanks in advance

heather

I live in Massachusetts (USA) but I was mostly thinking online sites since I have visited the craft stores near me , AC Moore and Michael's . I'm looking for someplace with more variety thanks :)

Candlescience is good for fragrances and supplies
Natures Garden mostly just for fragrance
Wholesalesuppliesplus (WSP) is good for fragrances, but a bit expensive (IMO)

Those are my main ones, but there are a few others. I'm not sure who is best for wax prices, still looking around on that. Thankfully, there aren't THAT many components for candles, so shopping isn't too bad!

I started making candles about 20 years ago (will be 20 years in November) and the first place I ever bought supplies was at :
https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/
Back then there were no kits or forums or blogs, etc., I basically learned by the few outdated books I had that mostly spoke about pillars, and trial and error. Now there are kits to help guide you.
Do you know what type of candles you want to make? Containers, votives, pillars?
Do you know which wax you want to start with? Soy, paraffin, palm, other veggie waxes?

My suggestion would be to figure that out, and then get a kit for that particular item. In the long run, yes kits might be a little more expensive that buying what you need individually, but when first starting out, you really don't know exactly what you are going to need, and a kit will give you everything you need to get started on the right track.

Here are a few of my favorite candle suppliers:
Natures Garden,
Lonestar Candle Supply
Candlewic
Indiana Candle Supply
Aztec
Bitter Creek
Candles and Supplies
Candle Science

That's just to name a few.

Good luck!

I started making candles about 20 years ago (will be 20 years in November) and the first place I ever bought supplies was at :
https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/
Back then there were no kits or forums or blogs, etc., I basically learned by the few outdated books I had that mostly spoke about pillars, and trial and error. Now there are kits to help guide you.
Do you know what type of candles you want to make? Containers, votives, pillars?
Do you know which wax you want to start with? Soy, paraffin, palm, other veggie waxes?

My suggestion would be to figure that out, and then get a kit for that particular item. In the long run, yes kits might be a little more expensive that buying what you need individually, but when first starting out, you really don't know exactly what you are going to need, and a kit will give you everything you need to get started on the right track.

Here are a few of my favorite candle suppliers:
Natures Garden,
Lonestar Candle Supply
Candlewic
Indiana Candle Supply
Aztec
Bitter Creek
Candles and Supplies
Candle Science

That's just to name a few.

Good luck!

Yeah that's what I meant to say ;).