Adding Essential Oils -- Calculation and Timing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuanahRose

Reaction score
I've apparently lost some of my gray cells since last year's soaping.

I've made a hemp body bar for several years. This year I want to make additional bars so went to soapcalc to run the recipe.

The recipe calls for a 10% super fat/discount. I entered this and the carrier oil amounts into soapcalc. The recipe also calls for four (4) ounces of essential oils. I did not enter these four (4) ounces into soapcalc.

I have a complete blank on whether those four ounces are supposed to be included in the recipe oil list or left out and added in addition to the oils included in the recipe oil list.

How this basic information disappeared from my brain I don't know but I'd sure appreciate help in restoring it.

Thanks in advance.

At what percentage are you adding your essential oils? The default for fragrance on soapcalc is 5% and depending on what oils you are using, that may be too much. Most EOs (but not all) are recommended at no more than 3% (and some at far less).

At what percentage are you adding your essential oils? The default for fragrance on soapcalc is 5% and depending on what oils you are using, that may be too much. Most EOs (but not all) are recommended at no more than 3% (and some at far less).

Actually, according to my calculations, the fragrance default on SoapCalc is 3% by weight of oil, or 1/2 oz. ppo. 5% comes to .8 oz. ppo.

Latest posts

Back