• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bulk buys and garage sales

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilak421

Reaction score
Good afternoon! When I first started soaping years ago I was on Yahoo groups and belonged to several groups of soapers that frequently had garage sales for molds and fragrances and such that they didn't like or had too much of. Also these groups would do a lot of large bulk buys to save each other money and swaps as well. There doesn't seem to be many active groups like that anymore on Yahoo. Does anyone know where to connect with groups like that elsewhere?

I was also on a group that had twice yearly meetings. Then I got out of soaping for a while, and the twice-yearly meetings had become MUCH more expensive. When I first joined, you paid a small fee to pay for the space we were using. People brought food. If you wanted a garage sale table, there was a small fee for that. Lots of door prizes, at least on swap, a goodie bag, etc.

Now the fee is much higher, they have paid catering, and you have to pay for the goodie bag and pay a fee to join the swap. It was ridiculous!

There is a co-op forum here but I don't think it is very active. You have to be a mod or meet stringent requirements from what I remember.

Now, I'm not complaining. I think it's good to be safe. But as long as I have been here I couldn't host-- because I haven't participated. Have not seen one that interested me.

It would be a great thing to get started.

Yeah, I've been here for a while. The last swap that I was aware of started right after I joined, and I don't think there has been one sense.

I would love to organize a low-key local swap. My thought is, people could meet and bring as many or few swap items as they wanted. So, for example, you could bring 5 swap items and recieve 5 swap items. Or bring 10 swap items and recieve 10 swap items.

I would also love to organize a small local swap meet.

Back