Candle pies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Queen

Reaction score
Does anyone make bakery candles like pies & cobblers? They intrigue me. I want to pinch their cheeks.

i made a loaf cake candle..Wish i had taken a pic of it..i used a mini cast iron loaf pan(my moms) filled it almost full with my wax I had colored a deep tan,scented with Snicker Doodle..Let that set for 24 hours..Came back and melted my wax for the "frosting"..After it was melted,I just whipped it with a fork til I got the consistency I wanted..Put it on in dollops (msp?) so It looked like a grnge type loaf cake.. let it set,and sprinkeled with cinnamon.The wicks were long,so i curled them around mini cinnamon sticks..My mother loved it!!!
they are so easy to make..But,I do not do the pies..sorry..

Libby's Original Candle Pie

* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 2 large eggs
* 1 can pumpkin
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
* 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell

Preheat oven to 425F

Mix all ingredients in the order given, beating until smooth. Pour into pie shell.

Bake 15 minutes, reduce heat and bake until done about 40 to 50 minutes longer.

spammy link deleted - the mod team

adimarten23 said:
Libby's Original Candle Pie

* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 2 large eggs
* 1 can pumpkin
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
* 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell

Preheat oven to 425F

Mix all ingredients in the order given, beating until smooth. Pour into pie shell.

Bake 15 minutes, reduce heat and bake until done about 40 to 50 minutes longer.

HUNH?

I would wonder about the shelf life of that one......made my night though! Can't stop laughing since i have been shoulder deep in recipes for soaps, lotions, and candles all night.

Back