Oregon Trail Soapers Supply is moving!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just wanted to give everyone the heads-up that Oregon Trails is moving to Idaho. They closed on May 29th for their move, and although their online web-store is still open for orders, no orders will be shipped until the move is complete, which they expect will be around June 15th. Any orders placed on their web-store between now and when they re-open will receive an automatic 15% discount on the sub-total of their order. See here for details: https://oregontrailsoaps.com/news.php

IrishLass :)

Anyone have no-miss suggestions for FOs from them? I like wild greenish smells, their Bonsai is a no-miss for me. Also sticks more strongly than any other FO I have ever used.

Bonsai is very strong and has staying power. Haven't soaped it, but pepperberry smells as you think it should...nice and peppery. Mysore sandalwood I find weaker than some, but it comes back after a week or so and smells like the real deal. No powdery undertone and I absolutely love it. I use 1 oz ppo. it smells weaker on the soap as I sniff than it does on the skin as I wash. when I actually use it, I can then smell it a lot. Did I mention I love it?!
Green Irish Tweed smells a lot like the real deal (for soap it's always hit or miss on dupes, but it's nice). It soaps perfectly no A or D. Silver Mountain Water the Creed dupe (makers of GIT) smells awesome imo. Soaps perfect and does discolor tan. Just used made to measure, and they say discolors a pale cream, but they mean a dark chocolate brown. Almost as Brown as an Amber from bb....very dark so much so I emailed them on their discrepancy. It smells ok. Not a fave but nice nonetheless. It A on me so use a higher water. The main notes I get after soaping it is the brief top note of Tunisian Orange flower, the Amber nutmeg and the leather. Oh, it's a heater too.
OMH is very cinnamon heavy to me. I gave newbie the spring mountain mint and mint n herbs. Just not a mint fan, but for mint it smelled very green and fresh (both).

Haven't soaped yet
Sensuous Amber (and not a fan oob)
Black code Armani type , oob I pick up the lavdender and a hint of bergamot with maybe the musk? On second thought it's quite a bit more floral than expected, but not a typical floral.
Sapmoss type smells like it should to me. it was overwhelming oob to me at first, but now it seems to have mellowed as bit and it smells quite similar to the original sapmoss...who was it, a lotion or something.

Anyway, hope it's ok to post this here on this thread. Feel free to move if need be:)

Argh, LP, I placed my OT order last week after IL posted this, already figured out I wanted to add to it, and have emailed and called them twice w/no response. Now I want to add the Mysore Sandwd, too, but don't think I can. I hate paying for two lots of postage.

Hopefully after the move they can be reached before the order leaves warehouse. Keep trying...they will start orders today I guess, so hopefully you can reach them before it ships.

Edit. what did you get???

I got an email on Sat (a few days after the unreturned emails/vmails) that my order was complete, so I think I missed the boat on the sale/postage combo. I might just have to make a new order to get the sale price, I guess they are just too busy w/the sale to respond. I hope it does not slow shipping too much.

Has anyone who ordered during the sale received their stuff from OT yet? I ordered on the 7th (I think the day after the sale started), got an email saying that it was processed. Called an emailed a couple of times w/in the next couple of weeks to see if I could add to the order, no answer to either.

Got an email on the 15th saying the order was complete, but never one saying it has been mailed, and my account info still shows it just as processed, but no mailing info. Just tried calling again - I have been waiting for IPM and Germall to make lotion/body butter but no one is answering and the voice mail box is not set up to take messages. No response to the emails, either. Kind of frustrating, I wish I had known it would take so long, I would have used Lotion Crafter for that stuff instead.

Last edited:
I got my order from the sale, I think last week. I didn't order a ton so maybe that played in. I don't know. I forgot to order the things I went there to order in the first place so I had to place a second order, post-sale, but I haven't gotten that yet.

Back