A very sexy dupe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBeachy

Reaction score
A few years back, a (now) ex girlfriend bought me some Very Sexy for Men cologne from VS. I love that scent. . Was looking through some supplier sites earlier today and noticed some FO dupes of the cologne. Have any of you played with trying to duplicate this with EO's ?

I'm messing with it and have a bergamot and sandlewood base , but it's got some musky tones and maybe some citrus that i can't pinpoint.

Any ideas's?

This is from the Victoria Secret site:
A spicy citrus blend. It's as sexy and unexpected as the man who wears it.

• Fragrance type: Fresh aromatic
  • Top notes: Bergamot, tangerine, caraway, pink lime
  • Middle notes: Cinnamon, pepper (Sichuan), bamboo, sage
  • Low notes: Orange blossom, sequoia wood, vetiver, musk
I would have never guessed caraway!

This is from the Victoria Secret site:
A spicy citrus blend. It's as sexy and unexpected as the man who wears it.

• Fragrance type: Fresh aromatic
  • Top notes: Bergamot, tangerine, caraway, pink lime
  • Middle notes: Cinnamon, pepper (Sichuan), bamboo, sage
  • Low notes: Orange blossom, sequoia wood, vetiver, musk
I would have never guessed caraway!

Nice find, thanks. I looked all around their site and never saw that. The only thing I was able to find was on a different dupe, talking about sandlewood. I'd swear it's in there somewhere, but maybe I just "hope" sandlewood into every thing.

Thanks again. Gives me something to work off of.

Nice find, thanks. I looked all around their site and never saw that. The only thing I was able to find was on a different dupe, talking about sandlewood. I'd swear it's in there somewhere, but maybe I just "hope" sandlewood into every thing.

Thanks again. Gives me something to work off of.

Did you figure this out? I'm looking for a recipe for a male scent, and am looking for proportions in particular.

Did you figure this out? I'm looking for a recipe for a male scent, and am looking for proportions in particular.

This is a really old post. The OP hasn't been here in 2 years. You may have better luck starting a new thread. Welcome to the forum, please be sure to read the stickies/rules and to stop by the introduction forum and tell us a bit about yourself. :)

Latest posts

Back