New bars for family

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the soaps that caused me to get angry with my silicone molds.

The green, pink and white is for my mom. It's a simple itp swirl. Used Nurture colors and fragranced with WSPs bamboo lotus.

The black, blue and white is for my brother and nephew. This is a tiger stripe with very thin lines. Also Nurture colors and fragranced with WSPs 50 shades.

The sides will need cleanup after they have firmed up a bit more.

1487467671228.jpg

1487467690936.jpg

Why are you mad at your molds? They helped you make some awesome soaps!

I take it you got some pock marks from cpop? Next time try surrounding your mold in a water bath rather than placing directly on oven rack. The water bath is an awesome buffer, especially if you have a lid too. I've never had pock marks since I started cpop'ing that way, and it's also great for gelling low water soaps. The trick is to find a pot big enough to hold your mold, but the rest is just normal business.

I learned this from newbie; she gets credit.

ETA: Whoops, I see you were mad cuz they took so long to unmold and they never did gel. Well a waterbath cpop can still help though your new wood molds will likely do the trick. Sorry for my sideways advice!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back