Design help??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeitsashley

Reaction score
I am looking to make a Colorado flag soap but, for some reason I am having trouble figuring out how to make the red "C". I'm thinking of using a pvc pipe and having the yellow circle then all I'd have to do is make something to shape the "C" itself. Any idea's? Hopefully my rambling makes sense. :think:

Colorado_Flag.jpg

I am looking to make a Colorado flag soap but, for some reason I am having trouble figuring out how to make the red "C". I'm thinking of using a pvc pipe and having the yellow circle then all I'd have to do is make something to shape the "C" itself. Any idea's? Hopefully my rambling makes sense. :think:

You could get 2 pipes, one smaller than the other so that they nest. Do a yellow soap in the small one, then use it as an embed for the larger one that would be red. You can then just carve off an arc of red to make the 'C'

But boy, I hope you love the person this is for. That is ALOT of work, any way you do it.

You could get 2 pipes, one smaller than the other so that they nest. Do a yellow soap in the small one, then use it as an embed for the larger one that would be red. You can then just carve off an arc of red to make the 'C'

But boy, I hope you love the person this is for. That is ALOT of work, any way you do it.

^^^What he said!

Thanks kchaystack! I actually just plan on making it for myself. :mrgreen: I'm native to the good old CO and just want to make into a soap haha. I'll have to hit the hardware store tomorrow! For the circle I was looking at the mini round silicone column mold from Bramble Berry it's an inch in diameter which seems like a good size.

Thanks kchaystack! I actually just plan on making it for myself. :mrgreen: I'm native to the good old CO and just want to make into a soap haha. I'll have to hit the hardware store tomorrow! For the circle I was looking at the mini round silicone column mold from Bramble Berry it's an inch in diameter which seems like a good size.

Well we should all love ourselves! Haha

You can get 1" PVC pipes. much cheaper than the BB mold. You could use a paper towel tube for the C....

I'm lazybones so take this with a grain of salt. I would buy alphabet cookie cutter. Pour soap on a shallow pan lined with freezer paper. When hardened, wear gloves and use the cookie cutter to cut out a " c". Then use as an embed in a slab mold or cavity mold.
;)

That will be a cool soap Ashley - I want to see it! I like KC's idea for getting multiple bars in a loaf mold. But if you want just one or a few, cherrycoke is on the right path.

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas! Now I have to get to the drawing board and really bust out this design and decide on my fragrance.

Instead of having to carve out the (sort of) V shape out of the C, I would insert a long divider to make a space where you don't pour soap batter.

So, a PVC pipe with another smaller radius PVC pipe inside of it and then: Between the inner and outer PVC pipe wedge two long straight pieces of firm material to shape the open side of the "C". Don't fill the inner (smaller radius) PVC pipe and don't fill the open side of the 'C'.

When it firms up, you have a long "C"

Latest posts

Back