Calico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you.

Calicos have called me since I was a kid. Especially classics and dilutes, but tortoise shells and tabby crosses too. If they flag 3 major colors, I'm a fan.

Here are my most recent cali-cats to scamper across that confounded bridge. Three others darted before digital eyes could capture.

Cayenne was multi-generational feral when trapped as a kitten. Despite her instinctual fear of nearly every human being (including me sometimes) - and her spicy colors - she was very sweet inside. Never scratched or bit or hissed in 16 years despite constantly being scared. I always felt bad for her fear even tho we enriched each other's lives unbelievably.

Gracie was a more traditional rescue, an adult relatively accustomed to humans. She hooked me with just one look, despite my focus on a kitten. I'll never forgot that day (because it utterly changed my life). And I'll certainly never forgot her.

Cayenne.jpg

Gracie.jpg

Last edited:
Oh CaraBou, what gorgeous faces, how you must miss them. I have to believe that we'll see them again one day. For me too, animals have always played an important part in my life, from the time when I was little and all my cats were named "Mitzi". They've always been there, warm and furry, by my side. And I know that he's not a calico, but I just have to post a couple of pics of the most photogenic Alonzo Nogoodnik, aka Lonny, who left me much too soon. He was the son of the calico I posted above. Beautiful boy.

scan0017.jpg

scan0012.jpg

Love the paws crossed position!

I know. Best cat pose to date. There are too many cats in this thread though (no, there aren't enough cat pics here, I'm not being honest). Can we get back to the soap (and kitties)?

That Calico Soap is a charmer. I know some people told me that calicos are feisty buy I haven't me a feisty calico yet.

Back