bought a bath bomb press

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOLAGal

Reaction score
Just got it in the mail today and haven't had a chance to get it set up. Still need to buy the air compressor. Will post some results once it's up and running and if anyone would like me to do some testing for them let me know. Ready to start experimenting....

Anyone else here using a press from bath bomb press ?

OMG Please post a picture!

Have a sick little one at home and haven't been able to play with it yet, but it's the same one I bought from here: http://www.bathbombpress.com

image.jpeg

Let us know how that goes! Was it worth the price??

Just got it in the mail today and haven't had a chance to get it set up. Still need to buy the air compressor.

did you get the compressor? I would really love to know how it works!

I saw one in use while at SoapCon this past year. It was pretty cool to watch. But I didn't really look at how it was attached to the compressor, so if you do do a video, please include a bit about the set up of the equipment as well as actually show how it works making bath bombs.

I saw one in use while at SoapCon this past year. It was pretty cool to watch. But I didn't really look at how it was attached to the compressor, so if you do do a video, please include a bit about the set up of the equipment as well as actually show how it works making bath bombs.

Here is one of the videos they give, it makes it look soooo easy. BUT (big but) it seems everyone that has purchased one has gone through a tough learning curve using it. They say, you will need to tweak the mixture you use by hand to make it work with the press. Several people have commented that it took them some time through experimenting and trial and error to get it figured out for them, but once they have it worked out it does work like you see in the video... pops them right out. Since I haven't perfected a mixture by hand yet I won't have much of a setback like others who have purchased it. (I'm still trying to figure it all out anyway).

No air compressor, have to wait till the little one is well enough to go back to school so I have spare time during the day to get it setup and play with it.

Video: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqe62NgBDt0[/ame]

If I can get it working like in the video I think it will be worth the price. I'm hopeful the press will make the bath bombs hard and fizz stronger / longer. We will see :-D

Just had a look at the cost of it :silent:.

I know, not cheap at all. The manual presses where you pull a lever down were in the $500 - $750 range. The molds seem to be the most expensive part. The air compressor ones like I bought range from about $1000 - $1500.

I've spent about $2500 on this venture so far between the press and all my supplies, hopeful that I can eventually get it all figured out and maybe turn it into more than a hobby.

I've spent about $2500 on this venture so far between the press and all my supplies

Wow! I thought my mini cookie cutter addiction for embeds was bad. Haha My husband has been pretty supportive of my bath bomb obession. Bath bombs drying in the living room, our room, laundry room. Hey the house smells good! But, if came home with a $1,500 press, I think I would be stoned to death with my own bombs!:twisted:

I really hope it creates some awesome products for you! Please keep us posted.

It looks nice but too expensive. I've seen several of these listed on destash groups as they didn't perform as they expected. Hope you have better luck. I prefer making mine by hand. It's theapeutic for me.

I would love to see a video of you making BB with the press. I make them by hand with a piece of pipe and a piece of wood for a totaly cost of 4.00 dollars or something.

OMG So expensive! But yet so cool.

Wow! I thought my mini cookie cutter addiction for embeds was bad. Haha My husband has been pretty supportive of my bath bomb obession. Bath bombs drying in the living room, our room, laundry room. Hey the house smells good! But, if came home with a $1,500 press, I think I would be stoned to death with my own bombs!:twisted:

I really hope it creates some awesome products for you! Please keep us posted.

lol I can relate to that!

I also think of how much fragrance and citric acid I could buy with 1000!! :think:

NolaGal more power to you! I wish I could purchase myself, I am so jealous.

Please post your experience. I am curious to know if you feel your bombs are different when you use them? Would they be more compact?

I am fixing to post some I made. I love using different molds and hand paint them. I am actually an oil painter first, so I try to get creative :)

Last edited:
I am fixing to post some I made. I love using different molds and hand paint them. I am actually an oil painter first, so I try to get creative :)

I would love to see them! I just painted some embeds one for a rainy theme, one for a beachy them. Going to try and get them put together today. I used lake dyes to paint. Interested to see how it colors the water. Do you use micas to paint?

Latest posts

Back