Which Cedarwood EO do you use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolyntn

Reaction score
Hello! I am thinking of buying Cedarwood EO, but not sure which to choose. NDA lists the following Cedarwood EO's: Atlas, Texas, Virginian, Himalayan, and Chinese. I just want to make a nice "Christmas Tree" soap. What do you suggest?
Thanks,
Carolyn

Then don't get the Virginia...that's what I ordered and it reminds me of a hampster cage. I'm not crazy about it. :roll:

Carolyn,
I was just thinking the same, I need to add a couple more eo's and need a cedarwood, a tea tree and a eucalyptus....all have multiple types from different countries. Been doing some reading but jeeezz...how do you chose?
Scouter

scouter139 said:
Carolyn,
I was just thinking the same, I need to add a couple more eo's and need a cedarwood, a tea tree and a eucalyptus....all have multiple types from different countries. Been doing some reading but jeeezz...how do you chose?
Scouter
Yup, how do u choose? Just curious about that.

I've used Virginia and Atlas; prefer the Atlas.

Eucalyptus radiata is a bit more mellow than globulus. It's also supposed to be an effective natural bug repellent.

ETA: NDA is great!

Thanks Judy....sorry Carolyn, don't mean to steal your thread...just wanted to add a couple more eo questions.

PHEW! Hamster cage - thanks for the heads up on that one, Debra! No Virginia for me thank you very much!
Judy: maybe I'll try the Atlas - thank you for replying! I like NDA because I can read all the reviews before I buy!
Scouter: I am always trying to learn more about eo's - so no problem! Ask away!

I buy and use Cedarwood Atlas - you can also look into Juniper Berry, Fir Needle and Pine Oil Scotch.....

ETA - I forgot about Spruce Oil as well...

I ordered some Cedar Deodara. It is AMAZING. More expensive than the other Cedars that I can order but in my opinion well worth it!

Back