~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Business Forum > Craft Fairs & Shows > Feeling pretty down today

Old 06-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #21
doriettefarm
Lifetime Supporting Member
SOAP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1152 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 1181

I'm pretty sure she doesn't change her labels & packaging for the Harley store. But some of the soaps have catchy names like 'Hogwash' to play on the biker theme. She & her SO are also Harley owners so that's probably what got her foot in the door. It just made me think of you so that's why I mentioned it. I also thought about your background doing hair (am I remembering that correctly?) and that might be a foot in the door to spas/salons.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #22
cmzaha
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4991 Times on 2902 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriettefarm View Post
I'm pretty sure she doesn't change her labels & packaging for the Harley store. But some of the soaps have catchy names like 'Hogwash' to play on the biker theme. She & her SO are also Harley owners so that's probably what got her foot in the door. It just made me think of you so that's why I mentioned it. I also thought about your background doing hair (am I remembering that correctly?) and that might be a foot in the door to spas/salons.
Thankyou, yep was a cosmetologist for 30+ yrs. I have had some of my products in some shops and like everything else around here they just do not sell well enough to bother with it. I am considering trying with some of my lotions and see if they will sell in salons.

cmzaha
No kids in the soaping area