Another "what EOs to blend" thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLem

Reaction score
Hi all...I've made 4 batches of CP soap and, for two of them, I used some EOs I had lying around the house for DIY cleaning supplies. They came out nice (cedarwood and lemon...pine and orange), but I recently ordered a bunch of new EOs from Bulk Apothecary. I chose oils that I thought I would like on their own...but just realized I didn't really think about how they would work as blends.

Once the order arrives (scheduled for today!), here's what I will have on hand:

Lemon
Orange
Pink grapefruit
Litsea
Scotch pine
Cedarwood
Rosewood
Cypress
Peppermint
Tea Tree

I could potentially pick up additional EOs locally (there's a great place jsut down the street that has all sorts of dried herbs, teas, EOs. etc.), though they are on the expensive side. My wife doesn't care for some commonly-used scents like lavender or patchouli.

I'd like to make a few shampoo bars, as well as some more "all purpose" shower bars.

Any thoughts about blends I should try? Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers-
Jim

Hey Jim - We just had some discussion on a thread I started where I was in the exact same boat, and had a lot of similar scents too. You might want to check it out -

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=43779

However I will add I love pink grapefruit more than life itself so a good citrus blend would be nice with what you have (Orange, Lemon, Pink Grapefruit and Litsea) and maybe a mix of any of those with some Peppermint. Yum!

Latest posts

Back