What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious if the smell holds with cpop snappy. Let us know how it turns out.

I have completely lost my sense of smell due to all the pine pollen here and home renovation dust, but people in my house that can smell report: a little lighter than my normal bars. Hopefully I'll regain my olfactory sense during cure and will let you know what I think.

I used .8 ppo, but haven't used WSP Coconut Lime Verbena before so I don't have a good basis for judging them. I've read that the FO is supposed to be strong though...

Aubergine purple and Neptune blue although maybe the purple is ok, just darker than I thought

Ok I will avoid those and let u know if I have probs with any of mine. The peacock blue, dragon fruit red and olive green work fine, except the olive goes a bit more of a teal colour than an olive.

I like their pigments as you get a lot for your money and you need to use a fair bit of mica to get nice vibrant colours.

Just finished 5 batches of shaving soap. Had my first market yesterday and it sucked. Wasn't supposed to rain so didn't pitch my tent low and behold halfway through it poured. What a cluster mess that was. Many of my labels the ink ran. Fortunately that was the worst of it. Ran to get my tent out of the car and 4 other vendors ran to help. Won't do that ever again. Lesson learned

Ok I will avoid those and let u know if I have probs with any of mine. The peacock blue, dragon fruit red and olive green work fine, except the olive goes a bit more of a teal colour than an olive.

I like their pigments as you get a lot for your money and you need to use a fair bit of mica to get nice vibrant colours.

That's good to know, I have that red and green but not tried them yet

Sony, I thought your soap was beautiful the way it was (brown and all)! But slate grey can make an attractive soap as well!

I had a busy week! I sold $135 worth of product (mostly to family)! I packaged it today and sent it off! I'm hoping they like it! This is my extended family and they have lots of friends. I'm excited to get them talking!

uploadfromtaptalk1434934477988.jpg

No photos, but I've been down and busy for a while! I finally broke the soap-free period tonight.

First was a mostly-tallow laundry soap, 1% super fat, no color, no scent until I grate it (as I'd like the scent to stick). I'll mix with washing soda and a little borax to make a laundry "powder."

Second was a more-fun cherry scented tallow and olive (and a bit of coconut and a dash of castor) soap in white (titanium dioxide) and red (brick red oxide). This was a special request due to its popularity among friends, so I made well over 3 pounds of the stuff.

I made a new bastille recipe I've been working on. I split the water in half and used aloe vera juice to dissolve the lye and added goats milk directly to the oils. I also infused my olive oil with calendula and chamomile. No scent or color. Hoping to get a creamy yellow from the caledula and goats milk.

I had a bastille that I loved, it was 80% OO, 10% CO, and 10% Castor. Awesome, dense, creamy lather but not a long lasting bar (I should've let it cure for more than 4 weeks though).

I made three other batches as well; lemongrass & green tea, green apple (my entire family loves this), and eucalyptus mint. I soaped a little warmer than usual and was pleasantly surprised that everything went so smoothly.

I will post pics if they turn out well...if they don't turn out well then I'm going to pretend that I never posted this! :grin:

I cut the four batches I made yesterday, here is a pic. From left to right; bastille, lemongrass and green tea, apple, and eucalyptus mint.

When doing multiple batches I always try to throw in a simple one which is why I love the apple...one bright color and a fresh juicy scent, easy peasy. The lemongrass is really easy too.

IMG_5097.JPG

Last few days I have bought supplies and lots of them. My first time ordering from any of the online companies other than essential depot. I got supplies from soapers choice, essential depot and ordered a slab mold and beveler/planer from a guy on etsy. I am really going through with this. Let the soaping really begin!

Found out yesterday that my Lard I ordered from Soapers Choice was destroyed on the way to my house. Then they said they did not deliver rest because my place of business was closed and since I was a business they would not deliver on Saturday. The customer service rep would never understand my business is my home!
Also I have now stated a blog. I have enjoyed readings others and thought what the heck and started mine. www.artisandesignsbykat.com

Made my first CP salt bar with coconut milk, 75%CO and 25%OO, 15%SF. Scented with eucalyptus and litsea cubeba. This is also my first time using two colors, kept it real simple and layered them with a simple swirl on top. Pictures to follow.

Made my first CP salt bar with coconut milk, 75%CO and 25%OO, 15%SF. Scented with eucalyptus and litsea cubeba. This is also my first time using two colors, kept it real simple and layered them with a simple swirl on top. Pictures to follow.
I made my first brine/salt bar today too!! Go us! Yours sounds fabulous

Latest posts

Back