SM3 - "blend" for embeds... help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyW

Reaction score
So I made the peppermint oatmeal soap I posted about here
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30691

and sat down just now to get it "made" in SM3 (pro). I can do the base recipe and wanted to make a blend for the embeds since I can't incorporate 2 recipes into one soap. But it won't let me add lye to it.

Should I make a new recipe and add the ingredients from BOTH batches instead, or make this "blend" and leave out the lye? Or is there another way to handle embeds?

hmm, that's a good question. If it's a matter of inventory - the embed batch should already be made as a batch in SM3 right? So all the ingredients already accounted for?

I don't know how you would turn them into embeds in the program though. I didn't add my shreds to the recipe that I just made, but they were all already accounted for in the other batches I had previously made...

Sorry, I know that was no help... :(

Yeah, the ingredients are counted for, but there's no way to making the new embeded batch and do inventory control correctly, or have the new batch with the embeds show as the right price per bar/batch. I can change the "bars" left to take out for the embeds (I used 6 out of 14 bars for embeds), but then there's no way to add them into the new batch.

Hopefully we'll see an update that will allow a current batch/partial batch to be added to a new batch.

Thank you for the input... in the very least, I know it's not me, it's the program lol

I figured out a way to make it work.

Deleted the first batch, restocked the ingredients.

Resized that recipe twice - once for 8 bars (what I have left) and "made" that recipe, and once for 6 bars (what I used for embeds), and just kept it open to use the amounts. Then I opened up the new soap recipe I made with the embeds and copied the amounts from the 6 bar batch onto it. The lye amount is .03oz off when I add it all up so it works. Saved as a new recipe, then "made" that batch and now all the in stock ingredients should be correct. In the very least, the price of for the batch and soap bars are correct. I can do inventory later lol

Not sure that makes any sense now that I typed it out, but hopefully it'll help someone else.

Latest posts

Back