Lotion bar recipe without coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjbakke

Reaction score
Anyone have one? I would like to make lotion bars for people that are sensitive to coconut oil.

You could just substitute babassu oil for coconut. It would be more expensive but it would work fine. Babassu is a drier oil so it would lessen the "greasies" a little.

You can use whatever you like for lotion bars following these basic rules. You can change the amounts a bit and find what works for you. If you think that 33% wax makes the bar too hard, then use a bit less. I made one I like with Beeswax, Shea Butter, Jojoba, RBO. Some people are sensitive to Shea Butter as well so you may like to consider Mango Butter instead. :wink:

33% beeswax
33% liquid oils
33% solid butters
1% fragrance oil

Thanks! I made some last week with mango butter and I really like them. I didn't realize that some people may have a problem with the shea. I like to keep my oils and butters simple and able to be purchased locally or at reasonable prices. I may try cocoa butter next time.

Latest posts

Back