Lining curing shelves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like it should work nicely. Don't forget to have a small piece of your shelf liner actually up on the wall, that lets you go back as far as you can without having to worry about your soap leaning against the wall.

Good thinking Kittish, I never would have thought of that :) Appreciate the help, I'm gonna order those now

I'm sure that would work, but have you considered plastic canvas? That's what I use. The kind used for craft projects (embroidery? needlepoint?, IDK) That bar mat would get expensive to cover any significant area, while the plastic canvas is really cheap.

I think she went with the bar mats to get the bottom of the soap far enough up off a solid surface to not have to turn during curing. The plastic canvas is terrific for lining wire shelves, but wouldn't allow airflow underneath on a solid wood surface.

I think she went with the bar mats to get the bottom of the soap far enough up off a solid surface to not have to turn during curing. The plastic canvas is terrific for lining wire shelves, but wouldn't allow airflow underneath on a solid wood surface.

Exactly right Kittish. I don't want to have to turn my soaps. I have the plastic canvas already, I use it on the cookie sheets that I now cure my soaps on, but when I switch over to the wood shelves I want my soap off the surface for air flow.

Latest posts

Back