Mermaid Tail Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
It's been a while since I started a new thread or shared my pics, so I figured since I've been back on the board the last couple weeks, I would share my latest creation.

This one was so much fun, and it's very colorful. My granddaughter helped with the tails, and she picked all of the colors. I originally made 1, 11 bar loaf and since sharing and showing people I have orders for about 40 bars of these. I RARELY repeat making the same soap, it's just not my style, but I will make an exception for these. They were fun to make, however after these orders are done, I will probably not make them again for a while. The tails do take a long time to make since I only have 1 mold of each size (small and medium)
Anyway - here it is -

Here's a better pic of the different colors and possibly sizes of the tails -

IMG_0691.JPG.11e6171d15df8c587e248a5b56dac16b.JPG

IMG_0690.JPG.4a14772336a552902d79e7752b918bf5.JPG

This is so pretty. I have one of those mold, and made something similar, but only with blues a while back!

Thank you!

Blues and white was the original plan.. LOL Then my granddaughter decided she wanted to "help" and kept pulling out these nice vibrant colors for them. LOL

I am still going to do the blues and white eventually, but after making 5 additional loaves of these, I'm a little burned out with them. LOL

Those are so fun and vibrant! Love them! I would name them "Ariel's Adventure". :)

That's a great name. I might steal it. :p

Perfect name toxicon! I now what you mean jcandleattic, I am one of those always changing thhings, as I get bored easily, and loves new challenges!

Those are so pretty and glittery! I really love the swirl! And I'm loving that pink tail hiding in the corner it's a really nice soft vibrant pink! :)

LOVE LOVE that vibrant vivid color scheme! really like Ariel come to life! and glad that you have a blast with grandkid! nothing like quality family time! ;)

LOVE LOVE that vibrant vivid color scheme! really like Ariel come to life! and glad that you have a blast with grandkid! nothing like quality family time! ;)

She helps me with my M&P embeds all the time. She loves it and I feel that when she is old enough I will have a very qualified assistant on my hands. :)

Those are so pretty and glittery! I really love the swirl! And I'm loving that pink tail hiding in the corner it's a really nice soft vibrant pink! :)

Thank you.
The tails were rather dull before I glittered them. That made them just "POP".

I LOVE that pink. Unfortunately it is no longer available from the supplier I got it from, so I've been hoarding my little 1/2 oz bottle. LOL

Those are so cute! I like the colors. Grandkids have a way of changing our minds.

Yes, they do. :)

Thank you everyone. The scent is a mix of 4 scents so it's hard to describe other than exotically fruity! LOL

I do love the 'Ariel' theme everyone picked up on, even though that was not intentional at all, and I didn't even think of that until I came here and toxicon mentioned it in her post.

I know all of Ariel's sisters had different colored tails, and if I remember correctly they were supposed to represent the "7 deadly sins" or something like that, is that right? I can't remember what, but I do know the colors of each tail were supposed to represent something and that's why Ariel's was green; because she was envious of humans, or something like that. (I could be way off base here) Also, she is the only one that her sea-shell bra did not match her tail. All of hers sisters' tails did.

Latest posts

Back