OT - wire shelves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
My mom has some folding wire shelves she is using for her craft booth. She spray painted them white but the paint is chipping and flaking after only 2 shows. Any tips? Different kind of paint? She made sleeves for them out of sheets so they are wrapped when they are in transit.

I recommend rustoleum paint as well. I've not used it on my display but have used it on other metal items (chairs and tables) and it has worked really well.

Absolutely strip off as much of the old paint as you can first, getting the shelves to bare metal before painting is the ideal. If you have access to a machine or auto body shop that has a sandblaster, they can maybe run the shelves through and get all the hard to reach stuff in corners and crevices for not too much money. For that matter, if you can afford it, having an auto body shop put enamel on the shelves might be an even better option than painting yourself. There are also vinyl coatings that you might consider as an alternative to paint, though again they are more costly than paint.

Latest posts

Back