Mold lining

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind lining my molds with freezer paper. It's not that hard to do and after you're done, you don't have to wash your lining. I can see why others use the things that they do, but for myself I guess I'll stick to the freezer paper.

I agree with commoncenz. I don't really mind lining my molds. It's a calming, mindless chore and once you're used to it, it's not a big thing. Also, I don't always use my wooden molds so I don't do it often. It's sort of like wrapping gifts....which I also don't mind doing. It's freezer paper for me too. :)

There was a question about lining a mold but I can't find it.
This is what I use when the soap sets up turn the mold upside down and they just peal off. You have to cut to the size to fit the inside of mold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28136565487...49&var=580396398518&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I use .020 12X24 sheets.

Here's the "part two". Part one is just above it in the lye forum.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=30363

I use press 'n seal just 'cause I have too many thumbs to wrap a package properly.
I do keep parchment and freezer paper on hand too just in case I have the bug to soap and find out I'm 3" short of plastic.
What ever works for you works for you!

Ya I'm all thumbs also. I just put the mold together drop the liner bottom sides and ends in and place the soap in it and I'm done.

I use press 'n seal just 'cause I have too many thumbs to wrap a package properly.

I haven't tried press 'n seal but it is much easier to find at the local grocery stores than freezer paper. In what type(s) of molds are you using it? I don't have any wood molds yet. I have one polysomethingorother, several shoes boxes, and a plethora of yogurt containers. For me the freezer paper has been working great as far as removing it from the soap. But if I don't have my creases just right, or if it shifts in the mold, I end up with ugly or rounded bits that later need trimming. Does the press 'n seal work better in that regard? I imagine you could press it tightly into corners and that it would stick to the sides and not slip around?

I haven't tried press 'n seal but it is much easier to find at the local grocery stores than freezer paper. In what type(s) of molds are you using it? I don't have any wood molds yet. I have one polysomethingorother, several shoes boxes, and a plethora of yogurt containers. For me the freezer paper has been working great as far as removing it from the soap. But if I don't have my creases just right, or if it shifts in the mold, I end up with ugly or rounded bits that later need trimming. Does the press 'n seal work better in that regard? I imagine you could press it tightly into corners and that it would stick to the sides and not slip around?

It does go in easily. It also comes off of the soap easily after the soap has hardened. I am using it in wooden molds but I'm sure it would work in shoe boxes or even card board box molds. I still need to watch for creases that aren't laying flat against the side of the mold or I have the same problem of needing to trim.

I'm hoping Santa brings me a silicone mold or two this year. :think:I'm even trying to be good.:twisted:

Latest posts

Back