Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Squares!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just tried this recipe for a bake sale at work and they are pure heaven! If you're looking for a nice autumn treat to bake, please give it a try. :)

IMG_3907.jpg

Ingredients
Crust

2 cups graham crackers, ground
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Filling - Cream cheese
Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Filling - Apples
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Streusel Topping
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Caramel Sauce
1 cup granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons (90g) salted butter, room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
1 tsp salt

Caramel Sauce Directions

1. Heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn.

2. Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. Be careful in this step because the caramel will bubble rapidly when the butter is added.

3. Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes. A whisk helps if you find the butter is separating from the sugar.

4. Very slowly, drizzle in 1/2 cup of heavy cream while stirring. Since the heavy cream is colder than the caramel, the mixture will rapidly bubble and/or splatter when added.

5. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. It will rise in the pan as it boils.
Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Allow to cool down before using.

Bar Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.

4. In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, sugar, spices and lemon. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture and gently press apples into cheesecake layer.

5. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel Topping.

6. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set.

7. Let cool for 30 minutes then drizzle with caramel topping.

Toxicon, I printed the recipe as soon as you posted it and then waited until there would be a group of people coming over before I made them. I would not want to eat all of them myself! Well, I mean, I would, but you know what I mean! The occasion was last night, we had a bunch of people over and I made these little bars of Heaven! OH MY! They are wonderful! Thank you for posting this. The entire batch disappeared quickly. :)

It looks decadent! Perfect timing for me too. I have a gathering I need to go to in 2 weeks and was pondering what I will bring. Since so many are family and friends that have tasted dozens of my often-made baked goods, I was looking for something new. This will be it! Thanks for sharing:)

Toxicon, I printed the recipe as soon as you posted it and then waited until there would be a group of people coming over before I made them. I would not want to eat all of them myself! Well, I mean, I would, but you know what I mean! The occasion was last night, we had a bunch of people over and I made these little bars of Heaven! OH MY! They are wonderful! Thank you for posting this. The entire batch disappeared quickly. :)
Yay, happy to hear everyone loved them! I'm definitely doing another batch for Christmas!

Latest posts

Back