I just burned my lips off

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
What is it about a discussion forum that makes us want to confess our every error. "I just burned out my eye" "I just fed my baby with the lye spoon" and now we can add "I just burned my lips off"

I'm so used to just adding 3% of scent that I accidently added 3% when I was making lipbalm! Fortunately I wasn't making a very large batch (just something special for the all cousin easteregg hunt tomorrow) I'm so glad I tested one out because yowza did it burn!

I use the flavor oils from bittercreek, I swear you could drink them straight w/o burning yourself! I do place a drop on my finger & stick it in my mounth evertime I open a new bottle & there is NO burn.

I was trying out chai tea flavor and it stung my lips! I did not use a big amount because I was experimetning with a recipe for lip gloss. I added a drop or two in 1/3 oz glass roll on. I won't be using that flavor oil anymore

Hope your feeling ok!! Id probably liken it to a bad sunburn on the lips?? (which I know from lifeguarding is NOT FUN in the least bit..)

I cant wait to start making lip balms and stuff but i figure 1st things 1st...get the soaps down and move on from there!

Back