Shrink wrap supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shrink wrap supplier? I need 4x6" bags. My old supplier prices went through the roof.

(other suggestions to wrap MP would be welcome! no plastic wrap, though)

Thanks!

Well I'm realllllly late to this party :lol: but in case you have not yet found your 4x6 bags....... I got mine from Packcoinc.com. Thanks to another poster on this forum (believe it is the husband/wife team from Indianapolis) who found a 1500 ft roll of the shrink wrap tubing for $25.00/with free shipping! Not a big problem for me to cut mine to size but that may not be for everyone. The company had incredibly fast service; received my order within 4 days.

I don't have any recommendation for supplier but I was wandering if people shrink-wrap their CP soap as well?

dubnica said:
I don't have any recommendation for supplier but I was wandering if people shrink-wrap their CP soap as well?
I don't think so.. altho storage was brought up and if you could vaccume seal and freeze..

RubySlippers - holy cow that is cheap! Unfortunately, I don't have a sealer, so I need the bags for MP. They actually don't have the 4x6 lol

candice19 said:
RubySlippers - holy cow that is cheap! Unfortunately, I don't have a sealer, so I need the bags for MP. They actually don't have the 4x6 lol

Don't need a sealer....I use a heat gun. Perfect results! :D

I DO wrap my CP soap in shrink wrap but have just recently started doing this. I leave both ends open so the soap can breath; so far, no problems. I'm really liking it because now I don't get soap "crumbs" all over the place.

cwarren said:
dubnica said:
I don't think so.. altho storage was brought up and if you could vaccume seal and freeze..

I shrink wrap my CP soap.

you need a sealer if you want to use tube shrink-wrap and want the ends closed. impulse sealers are inexpensive and very easy to use. then I use a heat gun to shrink the soap.

probably not - the temperature is likely to be too hot, since it's made to work with a different kind of plastic.

Has anyone used polyolefin (spelling is def. off here) to shrink wrap cp soap or m & pour? I saw it somewhere online at a shrink wrap website & it looks great...thinner than pvc & you can still smell through the wrapper? I love shrink wrapping but hate that I can't smell the soap through the wrapper....I am hoping that this will work...

Sorry if I just hijacked the thread!

Does anyone want to sell about 10' of the 4" tube shrink wrap.. I just want to see if I like it before I buy 1500 " ... if so PM me please Thanks

Back