Face palm!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuddinAndPeanuts

Reaction score
When making bombs, I always mix my dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately then add them together. I also always have done this while my wets are still warm from melting the cocoa butter. Well, I had to step away today after many distractions, and ended up combining the two when the wet stuff had cooled to room temp. It felt WEIRD. Really doughy. But that's to be expected if it's cooled down I guess??? Right??? Still- Consistency was way off. I do weigh my ingredients, but I'm haphazard, and anything within a tenth of an ounce is usually close enough with my batch sizes. Figured I'd gone heavy on several wet ingredients. After adding over 2 cups of baking soda to even it out, I realized something else was amiss. Now, its not too wet, but it's still weird. Like mud or clay, almost. Realized I'd forgotten the citric acid. Added it in with a few spritzes if alcohol and it was all better.

Don't 'cook' distracted people!

Back